Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 08-22-2002, 07:56 PM   #1
ryaldin
Elminster

There are too many quests in SoA!!! In BG1 you could find a little sub-quest, and run it out from start to finish with no iterruption. I wouldn't even mind a little bit of intteruption, but....AHHHHHH!!!!! I've got nearly a dozen quests in my journal that aren't complete...like, (spoiler)
the cult of the eyeless god or whatever. I've just been trying to figure out how to find the rod to defeat the cult god or whatever, but during this whole thing, i take a few expensive items, sell them, buy potions, etc., heal up, and in the meantime, meet a kid who want me to travel to some village on the other side of the world, to save his people.

How on earth do you keep track of everything? I'm afraid that i won't complete some of the quests right away and that they'll eventually be closed off to me.
and words of wisdom?
Old 08-22-2002, 08:01 PM   #2
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

Become a Demi-Lich that continually casts time stop?
Wilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 08:20 PM   #3
Sythe
Ra

CALM DOWN MAN!!!!! I had the same problem too. Especially in BG1 I went around and had a lot of sub quests to do but I didn't do them and I did the main plot and stuff. But when I came against Sarevok I realized I was to wimpy and I did all the subquests I could like help the bitch queen Umberlee. Man I hate the people who worship her now I know why Umberless is called the bitch queen. I don't mean only her but her worshippers too. Whoa getting off topic. I suggest this my friend. Okay go to your journal and look to your date. After you finish the rod eyeless thing I suggest you look at one quest you haven't finished. Do it one at a time. Do not rush yourself like I did. As i said TAKE YOUR TIME! Easy as goblin pie eh? You have a lot of time to save Imoen and get back at Irenicus. So chill dude. Do them now because later on in the game you will not have time to do those quests trust me. Do them now and get as much expierence as possible. I hope my words of wisdom would help you.

[img]graemlins/knight.gif[/img] knight: DIE DEMON DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[img]graemlins/diablo.gif[/img] diablo: ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

The battle is like this
[img]graemlins/matrix.gif[/img]
EL DIABLO IS THE WINNER WILL HE EVER BE DEFEATED FIND OUT IN THE NEXT EPISODE!!!!
Old 08-22-2002, 09:28 PM   #4
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Most quests do not have a time limit, although some are time dependant (meaning it counts what time of the day it needs to be for you to finish the quest). There are a few, but the game will make it obvious to you that the clock it ticking...

Spoilers follow:

AFAIK these are the quests with an absolute time limit:

Phaere's quests in the Underdark
Jaheira's curse quest
Old 08-23-2002, 01:35 AM   #5
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Please you really cant complain about too many quests, thats the whole reason i love BG2:SOA, ToB is a bit boring because there are not many side quests !
whacky is offline   Reply With Quote