Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-10-2005, 12:03 PM   #21
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well the Australian Shepard is a good choice as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:

Activity: A lot. I'me training for Cross Country Running, and Run at least 2k daily. Daily walks are a normal occurence, usually up to 4 k.
Definatly meets that requirment

Temperment: Nice, very playful. This is VERY important. I want a nice, playful and energetic dog not dominant. However, breeds that bark are a must.
This one will be tricky I find thay have personalities that are totally different, some are very shy around new people (Ice) Ice is also funny because unlike the other pups she does not bark, seems to try attracting attention to herself, others are very outgoing and lovable wanting to give everybody kisses (Kitty), others uneasy and get used to new people on there own terms (Kougar). We had Kougar placed in a home and they sent him back because he growled at the father. It was only two days so he didn't have time to get used to him, eventually we found a home that was ideal he went to a police officer and it was exactly what he wanted, good companion and protector. Kougar was my favorite because he was the first to learn to ask to use the washroom. They can have varing derees of dominance to, Kougar was really dominate so he needed a firm owner. So you would probaly have to meet the puppies and spend a little time with them to get exactly like you want. There personalities are as wide as people.

Colors: Now is where it becomes important. I am currently in love with the husky/ malamute look, and like sturdy dogs (like a rottweiler) as well as sprinters (greyounds and ibizans). An attractive color scheme (striking as well) is nesecary. I absolutely despise "fluffy dogs". Take your pick, thay have good thick coats, are a tough sturdy dog. I like the Red-Tris, and Blue Merle looks, but the black-tris are nice to.
Weather: I currently live in Canada, so the breed has to be able to survive in a cold (up to -30 degrees celcius) enviornment. I have one that likes to go out a shovel with me. She likes to chase the snow, and dive at it, or attack the shovel, this is her favorite activity. Shovelling snow has never been more fun. She is avalible to go to a home. The only puppy we have left to sell, I will miss her when she goes because she is also so lovable, and very gentle when taking food, loves meeting new people. Kitty - Need to update the pictures. I'm currently looking at: I'm leaning more towards a husky, as they have energy, are playful and enjoy the cold.

If anyone could help me out with a breed suggestion, I would much appreciate it, thanks.
[ 01-10-2005, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 01-10-2005, 12:55 PM   #22
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

if you're going to have children during hte lifetime fo the dog i don't suggest a husky. i hate to say it but i've seen more than one husky snap at small children. i don't know about endurance, but my mom's malamute loves to be outside, walks, running, playing,e tc. well except now that he is older. but especially in the cold. he however does not bark at anything. he howls (his name is chewbacca, interesting fact: george lucas named the character chewbacca after his own malamute) he loves people and attention, and has never, not even in his old age, snapped at a child. he has growled, but more of a "help get them off me!" than a "i'm gonan bite" growl. and of course we don't leave children int he presence of any animal alone.

either way if you don't htink you're going ot have children in the next 10-15 years a husky, or lab might be your best bet.