Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 04-05-2005, 07:50 AM   #1
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Question Mark

And now for something completely different...

Ahh, hello!

Bit self-indulgent this, but oh well!

Please share some of your favourite 'eye candily' gorgeous geographic locations within the game. From where did you sigh longingly in a moment of romantic visual revelry only to hear the ruddy annoying caw of a Cliff Racer snapping at your skull to bring you back to reality?
As a fastly growing frequent silt strider flyer and all round general hiker, I'd appreciate in hearing some 'unimissable' spots.

Couple of mine so far:

Watching a thick mist settle over Balmora for the first time from the height of the mountains behind it. Breathtaking. Definitely made me stop for a few moments...

Listening to the soundtrack in one of its softer moments amidst the trickling flow of water and dazzling sun on the coast near Hla Ouad.

Skinny dipping off the top of Wolverine Hall at midnight, trying to get as close to the jupiter sized moon as possible...

Sharing a skooma pipe with Tsyia on her balcony as twilight sets on Balmora, the sky hurling a purple haze inducing cosmic gas everywhere...

Sitting on the southern low fence in Pelgiad (with Ahnassi, or so I'd like to imagine!) just near her place and watching the sun come up. Corny, yet so magical when you can distend belief just for a second...*sigh*

That'll do for now, hopefully more to come though. Your turn!

Cheers,
CD

P.S:
I'll probably balance these idyllic fancies out with some nasty dystopian moments as they occur to me!
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:06 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Arriving late at night at Pelegriad.
Getting to the top of Dagoth Ur.
Solstiem in blizzard conditions.
Kummu Fields with a soft mist...
Daedric Shrine at night with the red glowing...
The Shrine of Azura on a clear night...
Tel Branora
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:00 AM   #3
Brayf
Zhentarim Guard

I think the first time it happened to me was during a night time thunderstorm near Hla Oad. Miles from home in the torrential rain of the black night, wearily looking upwards to see the lightning, shaking with rage through the gnarled branches of the cowering trees... That game makes me need more calming mugs of tea than any human should ever need.
Brayf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 06:23 PM   #4
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

The river you have to cross to reach Balmora on foot from Seyda Neen. The sun glistening on the water was simply *amazing*.

Also the Fields of Kummu at night, looking up and seeing an amazingly detailed red moon through the clouds. So transquil.

[ 06-14-2005, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 02:43 PM   #5
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Underwater and looking up during a violent thunderstorm... simply incredible. Seeing the sun peek around through tree branches... clouds drifting across the night sky partially obscuring Masser and Secundus.

+Dr.Pick
Old 06-30-2005, 05:09 AM   #6
Brayf
Zhentarim Guard

I plan to make Morrowind pills and sell them on the streets.
Brayf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:15 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Standing on top of a mountain. Looking at the magnificent view of the sorrounding. seeing the sun setting and sometimes seeing the two moons at the sky. One had to marvel at the beauty of the world. It's so relaxing. Suddenly pak! and pak! again. A group of cliff racer attacks me. It's was so....
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:40 AM   #8
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sunset in Suran. Something about that peachy orange glow that tinges everything you care to look at just grabs me.

Any shot of the moons, clouds and stars on a bright night.

Any view of the Ascadian Isles coast overlooking the bow of my ship (courtesy of Fishing Academy v2.1)

Any view, at any time, overlooking any of the larger daedric ruins. I seriously want some in my back yard. Both Morrowind life and real life...
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote