Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-13-2000, 09:48 PM   #1
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Sigh, one of the screws fell out of the frames of my glasses, and I'm stuck using duct tape to fix them, because I can't get the darn screw in the little glasses-frame hole! You see, that's part of the reason I'd like to have a girlfriend, so I could rely on her little fingers to fix these things when they inevitably occured

Anyway, hey, I fixed the map site! So, if you received some MONDO java errors, you should now receive merely a quaint image-flip at this strange place.

Don't forget, the monkey knows where you are!
Old 11-13-2000, 11:05 PM   #2
RavenW

was playing ww and watching chameleon on scifi when I caught your post. My gf who wears them said if you need something temporary till you can get em to an shop is a safety pin. (might want to think about snipping it on either side and bending the ends to secure them (make sure the bend is at/as close as possible to the frame or they'll slip and slide and drive you crazy) and that way you wont have to worry about the way they look... wait a sec that would actually be a cool punk look (unless you use one of those pins with the pink or blue plastic cover on the cap that my mother was always so fond of using on my clothes as a kid!) Course you'll need needle-nose pliers and wire-cutters to do what I propose which would really aid in getting the screw positioned anyway. (Leave it to a geek to over tech a simple project )

Old 11-14-2000, 12:10 AM   #3
Lily the Ranger

The dumb blonde can help. Bread tie, needle-nose pliers; use your imagination. Or go to a glasses store, many of them will give you a new screw for free. You don't need a girl friend to fix your glasses. (This is combined with the previous sentence, hm). So, now, we have the blonde leading the blind. Oh, Zohd, would you mind stepping in front of me until that Amazonii passes by.

Old 11-14-2000, 12:16 AM   #4
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Hehe! Thanks for the hints everyone. I've tried fishing line, floss, and finally, have a temporary work around situation with a toothpick jammed in the screw hole. You can bet it's a good look!
Old 11-14-2000, 12:17 AM   #5
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

I see, so you would use me as a poison-absorbing chunk of meat until the mantraps pass whatever the case, I am stuck with my abyssmal glasses patch until tomorrow.. the screw has escaped me! Oh well, if you see one of my posts degenerating into random cursings, you'll know the duct tape failed
Old 11-14-2000, 12:19 AM   #6
Lily the Ranger

Is this a guy bonding moment? An excellent opportunity to get in the pool. I am dying from laughter. I can barely stay in my chair. Never have I seen so many ways to fix glasses . . . not since my mom cement my broken ones with an ugly, black glob of marinetex and expected a shy, self-conscious 13-year-old girl to wear them to school. Actually, my husband says I am kind of cute when I squint. Would you really want to revert girl friend? I suppose it would be grand to have her questless but minimum equipment . . . and at a higher level. No dears, create a new character. ?duct tape? Oh, my. Oh, my. Lily takes damage and almost dies laughing.

Old 11-14-2000, 12:39 AM   #7
Gaijin

So here I am thinking, "Glasses? I haven't found any glasses yet..." and "Hmm, I bet Gnomes could really fix the hell out of a pair of glasses..." and "I wonder where one would go to learn the Repair Glasses skill, the Rogue's Guild perhaps?"

Wait a minute. A girlfriend? Ahhh! You're talking about that OTHER game. Whew, don't scare me like that.

*Something is needed...*
*The ?duct tape? does nothing...*

Old 11-14-2000, 12:49 AM   #8
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Freud!

To fix glasses, you need to go find the book of Glasses. Then take it to Erathsmedor, who will ignore you. Keep asking him about the glasses, and then kick him in the tail. Once he breathe magic glass fixing fire on you which will knock you unconscious.
Then, you will awake and your glasses will be fixed.

Dont you have a back up pair, or contacts?

Perhaps a nice gal could help you fix the glasses, but she could also have you take her out to over priced restaurants so she can eat three bites, not let you hang out with female friends, cause you to go insane, and then break your heart in the end. Or she could join the circus too.

But don't get the idea that I'm bitter or anything.

Scronan
Old 11-14-2000, 12:57 AM   #9
Gaijin

Hehe... Ah yes, how could I forget?

Always back up your glasses before breaking them. And don't bother looking for the Revert Girlfriend button at the town screen, I already checked and it JUST AIN'T THERE.

Old 11-14-2000, 01:19 PM   #10
Elara
The Magister

Once you've broken down and asked directions to the optical shop to replace the screw

- buy at least one more replacement steel screw
- buy a set of precision steel screwdrivers - not at all expensive these days
- select one of appropriate size and separate from set (the rest you can use on your computer, heheh)
- place a strong magnet on tip of selected screwdriver for 48 hours
- pick up screw with magnetized screwdriver and position in reassembled frame
- do not place magnetized screwdriver back into set so you won't inadverdently use it on your computer
- periodically tighten all screws in glasses against future loss
- throw these directions away so you can ignore them forever

Elara
Queen of Myopia