Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2003, 12:30 PM   #11
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, camomile13!!!

Hope you have managed to get past the sticky bit or that the many helpful replies from other posters will provide a solution that will work. There have been many reports of players getting stuck in various places within the game (most commonly in the Serpent Temple) but I don't recall anyone getting stuck in your particular place before - so I'm still learning something new. In my own games, I never had a problem with getting stuck anywhere but I'm not certain I know why I never had the problem and others did. I wonder if it might have something to do with whether we've run the game in software mode or other graphic choice hmmmm Might be very useful if we could figure that out.

Hope you will be through soon!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 12:32 PM   #12
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Unfortunately creating a portal only works on creatures - be they benign or malignant.

But hey, then again... Try summoning the Djinni of the Lamp inside Cet's den and cast the spell on him... That might work. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-29-2003, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 12-30-2003, 02:14 PM   #13
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Welcome to the board, camomile13!!!

Hope you have managed to get past the sticky bit or that the many helpful replies from other posters will provide a solution that will work. There have been many reports of players getting stuck in various places within the game (most commonly in the Serpent Temple) but I don't recall anyone getting stuck in your particular place before - so I'm still learning something new. In my own games, I never had a problem with getting stuck anywhere but I'm not certain I know why I never had the problem and others did. I wonder if it might have something to do with whether we've run the game in software mode or other graphic choice hmmmm Might be very useful if we could figure that out.

Hope you will be through soon!!

Wyv
I got myself stuck in a very tricky place just a few days ago. I as in Anephas's Shrine, and I had set my portal in Kerah's area (shrine/alter), and then gone to town to sell/train my characters. I returned and then completed the rest of the Shrine. Then, I accidentally exited out of the Shrine through the entrance instead of taking the correct exit. So, just to save time, I decided to teleport back to Kerah's room, swim down, throw the lever, and exit through there...but it never worked. No matter how many times I hit the lever, the little hole which leads to Kerah's Alter would never open up. I wasted a good 20-30 minutes there (so much for saving time) till I finally gave up and decided to reload and just go through from the entrance.

BTW, the people equiped with the Underwater Breather and the Underwater Helm took in water very slowly. I've only got 3 underwater breathers and 4 of the helms. My Assassin is not equiping one (he's got 6 points in athletics, so he consumes water pretty slow). My Warlock has them both. My Ranger has just the helm, he has a bow in the spot of the breather instead. Does the breather help out much anyway? It didn't seem to before. My Bard has Iron Lung, so I guess he doesn't need it, and my Monk has them both on. The only problem is that my Pries doesn't have any of them. Should I take the helm away from my Bard, who has a helm, and give it to my priest? The priest has the spell 'Breath of Air,' but he can only cast it 4 times, and he consumes water pretty fast.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 03:22 PM   #14
bsftcs
Red Dragon

You can also exploit the multiple shell bug to get more breathers.

Or you can...

Use exploit the guild hopping bug to have all your party members become member of the thieves guild so you can have them purchase the iron lung trait.

Or if you have the ring of Neptune (which you probably do not have yet if this is your first time through the game and you have not yet been to Collasium) tou can...

Sell the ring and purchase it again. It will cost you a bit but it will be invokable again... and again... and again. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2003, 03:26 PM   #15
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

For the breathers to work you need both parts - the helm and the tank. You don't need to take your whole party with you so one option would be to just take 3 party members. Or you could take the time to get more shells to make complete sets for your whole party. Someone did mention a cheat on how to get additional shells but I've never tried it and have no idea if it does work.

Are you playing an unpatched game, Lord?? I think the patch fixed the problem about only being able to visit Kerah's area once although if you have reloaded and gone the other route it doesn't much matter now.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:56 PM   #16
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

What the parts of the breathers do (helm and tank) is to slow down your rate of air consumption. So if you put on the helm, it slows by x; if you put on the breather, it slows by y; and if you put on both, it slows by z, which may be greater than, less than, or equal to x + y. I'm sure Radek can confirm the exact details

Leastways, that's how I understand it.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 05:01 PM   #17
Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
What the parts of the breathers do (helm and tank) is to slow down your rate of air consumption. So if you put on the helm, it slows by x; if you put on the breather, it slows by y; and if you put on both, it slows by z, which may be greater than, less than, or equal to x + y. I'm sure Radek can confirm the exact details

Leastways, that's how I understand it.
I used Wyv's solution: I left my Bard in the inn (sounds funny ), leaving 4 guys with masks and 3 with underwater breathers. So 4 of my guys are consuming water pretty slowly, and my Assassin is consuming it the fastest, but not too fast. There's always enough time to find an air socket, and now that my Ranger got Breath of Air, I have 7 casts (with plenty of mana max potions to help out, too), so I should be fine. I've been able to go around and get 2 of the tablets already like this, so I think I'll survive . Thanks for the help.

Old 12-30-2003, 11:26 PM   #18
camomile13
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Stuck at end--I finished it! going back and saving
didn't work, or changing to software--but that gave me the idea of changing resolution, so I upped that to 1024x and bumped through on the second try; dispatched Cet on the third attempt.
Enjoyed the video.
Couldn't figure out tree surfing.
One underwater helm for my solo character found in dragonspire seemed to do the job--just barely.
For the last two weeks I've been doing Gothic2--
the monsters are a lot meaner.
Bye.
camomile13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 11:47 PM   #19
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yeeehah! Maybe that's something I can try next time I get stuck in the Serpent Temple!

Glad you were able to get out and get through the end of the game.

Feel free to come back in if you get the urge to visit the Gael Serran again. After all, you just got two of the neatest classes (zenmaster and valkyrie).
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 11:53 PM   #20
Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by camomile13:
Stuck at end--I finished it! going back and saving
didn't work, or changing to software--but that gave me the idea of changing resolution, so I upped that to 1024x and bumped through on the second try; dispatched Cet on the third attempt.
Enjoyed the video.
Couldn't figure out tree surfing.
One underwater helm for my solo character found in dragonspire seemed to do the job--just barely.
For the last two weeks I've been doing Gothic2--
the monsters are a lot meaner.
Bye.
Changing resolution helped? I just recently got stuck in the tunnel you got stuck in (about 1 minute ago, actually ). All other 5 party memebers died from the fire, and my Assassin lost well over 3000 HP (well, that's the total after continuosly healing up) until I realized that there was a second lock hold. I kept trying to use both keys in 1 slot and kept getting burned. I finally passed it, and got stuck. I'll have to reload and then see what I can do with one of my shorter guys.

Just tried it with my 5 foot 7 inch warlock, and he couldn't get through either. I'll try changing my resolution too.