Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2003, 03:19 PM   #41
WillowIX
Apophis

Well it wasn't rubella after all. The pediatrician diagnosed her with a local allergic reaction. She got some mild cortisone as well as some antihistamine just to make sure. [img]smile.gif[/img] Glad that's over though. He even offered to give Jackie a boost shot when Josh is due for his first round in a couple of months. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Attalus, that was what I was worried about. Erythema infectiosum probably would have spread to the entire family as well.

Ramon, I had rubella when I was 11 so I am immune (rubella virus is not that prone to mutations). The same goes for chicken pox, measles, the mumps and the whooping cough. You have them once and then you are immune. I have had all child hood diseases except the whooping cough so I am not in the danger zone. The hubby however has only had the chicken pox and the measles. Donut is spot on as well. During pregnancy it is customary to check if one has had rubella since you can have the disease and not noticing it as a child. Of course if you haven't moved far since your childhood it shows in your medical records as well. If you have moved far, those records seem to disappear mysteriously.

Cloudy, something like that yes. A child's immune response is VERY efficient. One day they are running a high fever and the next they are running around outside. [img]smile.gif[/img] Every new "enemy" entering a child's body creates a quick and massive response.

[ 05-30-2003, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 05-30-2003, 03:23 PM   #42
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Glad to hear that, Willow. Rubella is no joke. You are right about kids' healing ability. The day after a hernia repair, they are all over the place.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:48 PM   #43
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

hey sigmar, soggy... i don't remember that one, lol you must have been ranting about people misspelling your name anyway i'll get around to updating everyone about my brother later, probably in an hour or so.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:11 PM   #44
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Good to see you, Morgie. I'll tell Galadria that you were here. She asked about you the other day.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:27 PM   #45
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Hey all, Willow, glad she is ok [img]smile.gif[/img] I never thought about that, the only childhood disease I have had is chicken pox my mom is worried because I keep breaking out in rashes [img]tongue.gif[/img] ....but I proved to her it is just tha i have an allergy, everytime I take a bath I break out in a rash think it is either the hard water, or the soap I use
Old 05-30-2003, 04:32 PM   #46
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
Hey all, Willow, glad she is ok [img]smile.gif[/img] I never thought about that, the only childhood disease I have had is chicken pox my mom is worried because I keep breaking out in rashes [img]tongue.gif[/img] ....but I proved to her it is just tha i have an allergy, everytime I take a bath I break out in a rash think it is either the hard water, or the soap I use
Well if it's all the time and not only since you started to use your new soap you may have eczema. What you need is a good lotion and if that doesn't help some hydrocortisone to help moisten your skin.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:36 PM   #47
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Hi Att. With my new job I don't have time to slack off as much as I used to, which makes Cloudies a luxury I can seldom afford, Tell Galadria I've been working on tracking down her short stories and bg fanfiction and I love what I've read so far.

Tommy definitely has some serious brain damage, his alertness levels go up when he's with my parents, but he tends to get tired and then gets headaches, the other day they were so bad my grandma took him to the hospital for a CAT scan, his cat was fine, (lol) but he had overexerted himself, and that most likely caused it. when he gets tired his voice slurs, and he has vision problems, seeing double, images ghosting across his line of sight, etc.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it in the earlier thread, but Tom broke his pinky finger beating the crap out of my cousin, one of the two main people who were causing the family so much grief in the time leading up to my grandpa's death and immediately after. IIRC he broke my cousins nose, and possibly his jaw [img]smile.gif[/img]

Tommy is also quitting smoking, and my sister went to visit him, for some reason feeling free to light up in front of him... but she's a whole other can of worms... I love her to death, but she can do some very... moronic things sometimes.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:06 PM   #48
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I'll tell Gal you like her fiction. That always makes her smile. Glad your brother is better.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:04 PM   #49
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm bored an all my games were taken away [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Someone help meeeeeeee....*drifts off into eternal bordeom*
Old 05-30-2003, 07:16 PM   #50
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

MagiK---honey works far better than sugar for wounds. A lot of homeopathic healers/followers recommend a bottle of honey in the first aid box as it not only helps to staunch bleeding but seals the wound from bacteria/dirt, etc.

Attalus---give Galadria a big hug from me! And where might I find this fiction everyone is raving about?

I'm off in search of evil needing smiting. Long week at work after a nice long weekend at vacation........I'm so tired..........