Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2001, 12:56 PM   #31
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I haven't read all the posts on this, but I think the American Govt. is just so INCREDIBLY ham-fisted in its Foreign Policy (erm... does it even have one...?). And Bush seems to be even more - what's the word? - more... Hell! Whats the word that means 'sticking your head up your rear end'?
If the incident had happened with a Chinese plane off the American coast there would ALREADY BE a WWIII! Why is the American administration such an a$$hole? I do not mean to Insult American here - just the stunningly anal American Govt.
Yes, I'm bitching.

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 04-07-2001, 01:01 PM   #32
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
about plane thing, i have to say i know very little. but my sense is telling me, a spyplane should be small and fast, you tell me?
Spy planes are large propeller drive aircraft, unlike a sleek fighter that can turn on the proverbial dime. They are also filled with electronic equipment and cumbersome.

------------------

Feel My Power

Arcane Adept of the OHF, "So let it be written, So let it be done"
Old 04-07-2001, 01:06 PM   #33
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Gray Mage:
Spy planes are large propeller drive aircraft, unlike a sleek fighter that can turn on the proverbial dime. They are also filled with electronic equipment and cumbersome.

then i dont get it, why cannot the chinese dude just shoot a missle?

if what you said is true, then probally it is unlikely a fighter will bump into a spyplane.

I really cannot make any assupmtion here, because, not knowing the real circumstances, any guess i make would be worng, no matter how likely they sem to be true. what do you think about the bumping thing?

Old 04-07-2001, 01:18 PM   #34
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:

if what you said is true, then probally it is unlikely a fighter will bump into a spyplane.

I really cannot make any assupmtion here, because, not knowing the real circumstances, any guess i make would be worng, no matter how likely they sem to be true. what do you think about the bumping thing?

What I'm trying to say is, in my opinion we could not have hit them. and if the reports from the Chinese military are correct, I am suspicous of the circumstances revolving around this whole incident.

Truth be told, we probably never will find out what really happened because of top secret security, an d the unfortunate death of the Chinese pilot.

------------------

Feel My Power

Old 04-07-2001, 01:20 PM   #35
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:

one other thing, I believe that if a missle was fired there would definitly be a troop movement, Because we are not currently at war with china, that would have been considered a hostile act, no good for either side!!!

------------------

Feel My Power

Old 04-07-2001, 01:39 PM   #36
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
LoA

I appreciate your opinion but we WERE spying on them! Who is to say that their guy rammed ours or even the other way around? The fact is, their guy died and we got caught spying...all parties invloved should do the best they can to resovle the situation in the most peaceful manner and that means give and take on both sides.

Moni
I agree that this issue should be resolved as peacefuly as possible. As for the spying that is done by all countries, all the time. I'm glad that we have at least some people in charge that understand we must keep tabs or spy if you wish, on our enemies or possible ones. We will not be caught again , Pearl Harbor. With great power comes great responsibilty and through the years the U.S.A. HAS exersised our power responsibly.

Rikard, I do not wish to flame you on this , like it or not the U.S.A. is the current top dog. While you are complaining about our elected president remember he is our pres. From your address on the side of your post I see that you are not from the U.S.A. complain all you want it won't make a rat's rear end in how our country acts or reacts. I'm a 39 year old man I've seen my country and pres. put down and reviled by many people around the world over the years, but when something happens they all come running to us for help. Personaly I am PROUD that we can help them, does anyone think the if the U.S.S.R. had won the cold war they would come running to help you. Take the Balkins it is not in our back yard, it has little or no strategic value to our nation, but we are there to help stabilize your continent. I grew up on U.S. military institutions , My father was a fighter pilot,during the cold war. My home was always on or near a prime target for a nuclear strike. There are things worse than death, communism, fascism, slavery, etc. Rikard, I have read on another of your posts where you called President Bush a fascist, I submit that you check out some history books and read about the country to your east, and what happen there in the 30's & 40's. You also might read about either Italy , or Spain during the same time frame. Then compare true fascism to what WE have here in the U.S.A. There is a world of differance between the two. No disrepect to the other nations of the "free world" but without us your whole existance would be differant.

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 04-07-2001).]
Old 04-07-2001, 01:45 PM   #37
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

While I don't agree with China polices in some areas I also don't agree with the US's and believe that Bush should apologise for the death of the pilot, even though some evidence has shown that the Chinese plane approached the US one from the belly in an attempt to spook it and that it and other Planes had attempted slimmer things to another US spy planes for years. It was accidental that the collided and that the Chinese plane crashed, the pilot still unfound but thought dead. A person was lost their life here (About 5 day in the ocean so I think it fair to say so), while the US pilots are a live and Bush should apologise (Mind you if it wasn't for a few of his actions at the start it would of been resolved by now, a Chinese official has said that an expression of regret over the actions and a polite request to have them back would of settled it at the start but Bush took other actions that angered China, who are still after the apologies in an act not to appear weak to it people.) If Bush would just say the word sorry the matter would be over.
On another note Bush election did not start the spying, it is a standard practise that occurred for years and it is not one sided, a few months ago a Chinese agent 'acquired' the plans for a powerful warhead. All countries are spying on each other, it only when the agent(s) get capture that anyone say anything about it.

------------------
"I need no signature. Put together your own conglomeration of words and stick
it onto the tail of your email messages in hopes of coming off as clever or
deep. My messages speak volumes enough."
- Anonymous

[This message has been edited by Gabriel (edited 04-07-2001).]
Old 04-07-2001, 01:47 PM   #38
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:

It was a game of chicken that was being played in the air. If you know any fighter pilots ask them, it happens all the time. In the 50's my father was stationed in Alaska, when ever that big bear would send planes up, He and his squadron would scamble to intercept. Both sides would race at each other then turn back at the last moment. Such is the price of life in the real world.

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 04-07-2001).]
Old 04-07-2001, 01:49 PM   #39
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

about the helping thing

who asked US's help? no body. go home
Old 04-07-2001, 01:53 PM   #40
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Grey Mage,
Here, Here I agree completly, but don't tell anyone seeing how you a Yankee and all that. I might get kicked out of the southern redneck club