Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-19-2001, 03:12 PM   #1
Raif Gwydionson
Dungeon Master

Ok I went through the game single player...

When I beat the game, I saw that (to my amazement) I was suddenly Neutral Evil, but when I created my character, I'm pretty sure he was Chaotic Good.

When the heck did this happen? Am I missing something?
Is it when you go through the tests in hell?
Or do you automatically change when you become the slayer?

So confused...

~Raif Gwydionson
Swashbuckler Extraordinaire
Old 03-19-2001, 03:18 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
For your alignment to change from good or neutral aligned character to neutral evil, that means you have selected an evil path for one or more of the 5 tests you have done in Nine Hells (last level).
The good path for the tests are:
1) talk instead of fighting the dragon
2) don't take the nymph cloak
3) walk through the doors on the left to save you party member taken by demon
4) give Djin the black razor
5) kill Saverok without turning into slayer
Generally the slayer change will NOT affect you alignment(except for the Warth Test in Nine Hells), it only reduce your reputation.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-19-2001, 03:23 PM   #3
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

In "Hell" when you have to take all of those trials, you know fear, courage, and all that. One of them can change your alignment if you answer a certain way. I can't remember which one it was. Some will also mess with your stats. I totally disagree with how they do that, but there is no way to make it through unscathed.

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-19-2001, 03:25 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
In "Hell" when you have to take all of those trials, you know fear, courage, and all that. One of them can change your alignment if you answer a certain way. I can't remember which one it was. Some will also mess with your stats. I totally disagree with how they do that, but there is no way to make it through unscathed.

the first trial: Wrath
Old 03-19-2001, 03:25 PM   #5
Raif Gwydionson
Dungeon Master

*smacks head*

Doh!
Stupid tempting djin sword...

Thanks for the quick reply

------------------
~Raif Gwydionson
Swashbuckler Extraordinaire
oxxx[=============>
Old 03-19-2001, 03:28 PM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Raif Gwydionson:
*smacks head*

Doh!
Stupid tempting djin sword...

Thanks for the quick reply

smack you head again shtubeed shword?? that izh de bisht shword in da ho damn game
Old 03-20-2001, 03:58 AM   #7
Killer
Banned User

yes but you can kill saravok and whit youre angry and then you can get a baldursgate2 hack and +2 strenks

death is the way of life Killer
Old 03-20-2001, 04:29 AM   #8
Kellin da Mage
Dungeon Master

I swear I started the game Khatoic Good (yes I know I spelt it with a K). Somewhere along the lines of the game I switched to Khatoic Netural. I think it had something to do with my sole getting sucked, but not sure. Maybe it was me and I picked that from the start. *shrug* O well Kellin was quite insane at that point. Betraied, women he was hitting on from childhood is his kid sis, lost one devine sole that only a few months ago he didn't know he had, etc. It all takes a toll.

------------------
--Kellin da Mage--