Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-25-2002, 04:52 AM   #1
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

I want to know everything about the Forgotten realms!! does anyone know where i can get this info (a colourful, pic filled site would be cooler of course) or if u don't know i have a little questions:

Question 1: Where are all the Orcs? the Bg series has none, Neverwinter seems to have none and i thought Orcs were the most famous monsters ever?

Question 2: Does anyone have a map of all the realms or just Faerun.

well i don;t know any more questions. i just want to know all of this cause... well i just want to know. now i gotta go and finish off my assignment for geo or my parents will kill me [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2002, 04:55 AM   #2
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

The Sythsillian army that many are referring to are made up mainly by orcs.

There are a lot of orcs in Windspear Hills and the Shadow Thieves hires a band of them to protect their guildhouse sometimes.
Old 09-25-2002, 05:03 AM   #3
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

But how come we never meet any??? waitaminute windspear hills has orcs?? never remember meeting any. haven;t played in ages [img]tongue.gif[/img] but about to begin soon.

[ 09-25-2002, 05:04 AM: Message edited by: Merlin Al'Thor ]
Old 09-25-2002, 05:15 AM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Windspear Hills has ALOT of orcs.
You meet some as random encouters there; and there are some in the cavern, in the second section (past the Kamikaze Kobolds); there are Orcish Archers; one of the more difficult fights in the entire cavern IMO...
There are also the Orcs that try to talk to you; and the Orcish cook. But IIRC, they don`t go *too* far into the Cavern [img]smile.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 06:18 AM   #5
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

Waitaminute ur going a little too far there. i've haven;t played in heaps of time, but i still don;t remember no orcs. i'm sure they were alotof Hobgoblins, but no orcs. Or are Hobgoblins orcs?? The one with Fikkrag right? they were definately Hobgoblins.

[ 09-25-2002, 06:19 AM: Message edited by: Merlin Al'Thor ]
Old 09-25-2002, 08:30 AM   #6
Vedran
Lord Soth

As it has been mentioned, there are orcs in the Windspear area itself, in the dungeon of Firkraag, in the shadow thief building (when working for Bodhi, at least), and otherwere, but I cannot recall any of those places now,
Why some smilies don't work in my posts?

There are SOME orcs in one of the rooms in Watcher's Keep [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

[ 09-25-2002, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Vedran ]
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 05:37 PM   #7
Terevok Candlehar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

First you must understand one thing. Orcs are beastial, they are not going to last long in civilized lands or near big cities they will be killed. Even in the Windspear Hills the army of amnb could get there within a few days to quell any uprising. Alot of orcs are in the Silver Marches where great cities like Mithral Hall and Sundabar and Silverymoon are very few. Alot of them are in the spine of the world under the leader ship of an orcish king named Obould Many Arrows who rules his orcs from Dark Arrow Keep. By the way is it Silverymoon or Sundabar you go to in BG2 because it has Alustriel in it and she is from Silverymoon an she is not the leader.
Old 09-25-2002, 05:49 PM   #8
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Terevok Candlehar:
By the way is it Silverymoon or Sundabar you go to in BG2 because it has Alustriel in it and she is from Silverymoon an she is not the leader.
What does this mean? Alustriel is the leader of Silverymoon, and she doesn't appear in BG2 AFAIK (as well as Sundabar or Silverymoon). Except in imp's game and Seven sisters book.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 06:05 PM   #9
Terevok Candlehar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i have the forgotten realms book and a book about the silver marches and it says that Alustriel stepped down from her position and lives in silverrymoon to hel people