Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-07-2006, 11:16 PM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Well now, soccer is on the down slide, baseball is bout wrapped up, and tonight the NFL opened the season with Miami @ Pittsburgh.

Any Fantasy Managers on board?

If so, which site is your favorite?

And Why?

Which do you despies?

And Why?

Am currently running 5 teams, 2 public on Fox/MSN, 3 on Yahoo, 2 public 1 private.

I prefer Yahoo.~Controls seem to be easier to use, web site seems to flow better, *Tools* are way better for free version.

I dislike Fox/MSN. Must be affiliated with MSN for log-in. Slow to load. Terrible high use low band width for the free version. Tools are two or three clicks apart. No head to head features or voting in the free version.

Good luck, and maybe an IW'er can claim the finale.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 06:21 AM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

I thought this was about real football
Old 09-08-2006, 06:32 AM   #3
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Nice goin' Felix! All those words and I have no idea what your talking about..
Old 09-08-2006, 11:27 AM   #4
Marathon
Elminster

Just about everyone I know uses ESPN, but what I don't like about them is that they don't give you any information on players without buying an account. CNNSI gives you a ton, so I'll track stats over there, then mess with my team on ESPN.

Last night was a mixed bag for me - Hines Ward got a TD, but I sat Heath Miller (we don't have to start a TE) and he pulled in an 87 yeard TD, and one of my RB's is Ronnie Brown, who was completely shut down. Now I'll have to hope LJ has a big day to make up for it, and that Steve Smith ends up playing on Sunday.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:48 PM   #5
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
I thought this was about real football
Hu? No, it is not real football, that's why the title is written as such.
It's about being a manager of a selected draft team (Fantasy), and your points and standings are scored based upon the actual plays of the real players during the games throught the season.
I don't think any of us here have the hundreds of millions USD to own a real team, so this is as close as it gets.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:31 AM   #6
Lavindathar
Harper

Felix, you misunderstand [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I know what Fantasy Football is mate, it's very popular over here too.

But, my football and your football are totally different. Hence, proper football, would be your soccer!
Old 09-10-2006, 11:07 AM   #7
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Felix, you misunderstand [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I know what Fantasy Football is mate, it's very popular over here too.

But, my football and your football are totally different. Hence, proper football, would be your soccer!
Really? I would never have guessed it! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Football in the NFL is closely matched to what you Europeans call Rugby. Except we have allowed our boys to wear lots of hard plastic pads and such. These outfits make for a great game, and a good time for all. Try stuffing 75+ K people in a staduim, and play a rugby game. When the guy gets hit, very few can hear it. But, put them in hard pads, and everybody can hear it. Whoop, whoop, did you "hear" that hit? Man he clobbered him! Did you "hear" that tackle?

What you call football, as you pointed out is soccer to us. Being a very young nation ourselves, and fighting for our independence, we have evolved into our own! Furthermore, the essence of soccer can be traced back to the Han Dynasty of 2nd and 3rd centuries BC. So, we call that game soccer, and have created it's own league, MLS (Major League Soccer) and play football in our own setting.

The difference? Money, Power, Greed, and Ability! A decent Tight-End that plays for a decent team, Say J. Shockey for the NY Giants, salaried at pennies under $4 Mil USD last year.
Compared to T. Bardy, the (in my eyes, overated) quarterback for the New England Patriots who salaried just over $15.6 Mil USD.
Then add on bonuses, sign on's, and the ever more popular product royalties!

Compare that to Landon Donovon (the highest paid player in the MLS), of the LA Galaxy, who earned a mere $900K USD for the season.

Two hours to kick-off!

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Old 09-10-2006, 02:19 PM   #8
Lavindathar
Harper

True, but I just don't fight the NFL entertaining.

It's soft compared to Rugby.

And I follow the MLS, the standard isn't that good, but still.

Old 09-10-2006, 03:26 PM   #9
Marathon
Elminster

I find it funny that people compare football to rugby and call it "soft". The only sport I know of that has the same violence in it in terms of power and speed would be hockey, and that's due to skates and sticks. I have two very close friends who play rugby, and played football at collegiate levels, and they both admit that there is no comparison.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 03:41 PM   #10
Lavindathar
Harper

The amount of broken bones and stitches per game is miles higher in rugby than American Football!