Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2004, 02:05 AM   #31
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I thought the best cure for a hangover was to drink plenty of water the night before so you don't actually have one.
Old 02-28-2004, 02:13 AM   #32
Epona
Zartan

Yep that combats the dehydration.

*goes off to drink water*
*needs to pee*
Old 02-28-2004, 02:16 AM   #33
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Gangrell, there is no one way to deal with a hangover, everyone does it differently, but what you said is actually a good method, I've done it several times and it does help a lot. My own personal cure is to jump into a freezing cold swimming pool or the sea - it shocks the hangover out of you, instantly. I didn't believe someone when they told me this a while back, and then tried it once after I'd been out drinking, and was instantly okay again. Amazing stuff.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:20 AM   #34
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

No need to jump into a freezing cold swimming ppol or the sea. Getting an ice cold bath is good enough to deal with hangover. Unless of course the water system over there is different....
Old 02-28-2004, 02:35 PM   #35
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
So tonight I've been following through with more extensive and far-reaching research into the effects of ethanol on the brain and social behaviour.

After five pints of Heineken and several gin and tonics, I am no further in my experimentation, since I have formulated the same conclusion as the last time I drunk myself to oblivion: it really messes you up, and makes you overly affectionate.

So come on everyone, I'm wasted and we all know what that means - drunken group hug.

*Cuddles everyone reading this, collapsing onto them helplessly*
Need any kebabs, y'silly sod?

Long time no see, Alex

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 02-28-2004, 02:52 PM   #36
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I like dem kebabs, I do. I'm always ravenous after drinking. Most times, I could eat a horse... mmm, horse...

But good to see you Kat, hope you're holdin' up okay [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2004, 03:01 PM   #37
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
I like dem kebabs, I do. I'm always ravenous after drinking. Most times, I could eat a horse... mmm, horse...

But good to see you Kat, hope you're holdin' up okay [img]smile.gif[/img]
I am indeed, and I am currently prodding you with the self-satisfied air of someone who bought a bottle of Russian Vodka back with her yet drunk none at all, muaha. Ha. *Ahem*

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:14 PM   #38
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Yeah Ilumina and Cloudy, what are you two on about? What was wrong with the way Aledrain used the word "ethanol"? IIRC C2H50H is ethanol(imagine the numbers are subscript), the 2nd most basic type of alcohol and it is found in alcoholic beverages. What you on about corn-based fuel for Illumina?
::lifts a shoulder:: I pick up strange bits of information. If said bits are incorrect, I make note of when I am corrected.
Upon minimal research, I discovered that ethanol is in fact alcohol.
Can't think of a better fuel than that, anyway.
You scored a hit. I'll mind it doesn't happen again, hm?
(Read: I was wrong. Dammit. I simply must be more careful in the future.)
[/QUOTE]Hehe, ok at least you're woman enough to admit mistakes [img]smile.gif[/img] Most people don't realise that there are actually hundreds of different chemical compounds classed as alcohol, the most basic of which is methanol which consists of a carbon atom surrounded by 3 hydrogen atoms and an oxygen and hydrogen atom joined on as well. Ethanol is the next smallest molecule with 2 carbon atoms and again surrounded by hydrogens and a single oxygen-hydrogen pair. Then propanol with 3 carbon atoms, butanol, pentanol, hexanol etc. etc. these are all alcohols. Learnt that in chemistry
They are not that different chemically to Methane, Ethane etc. which are the same except there is another hydrogen atom instead of the oxygen-hydrogen pair. It's amazing what one can remember after 4 years!
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 02-28-2004, 07:37 PM   #39
Davros
Takhisis Follower

OK Vasky - what is Alpha 1-4 Gluco pyranosyl Beta D Fructo furanoside?
Old 02-28-2004, 10:21 PM   #40
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Yep that combats the dehydration.

*goes off to drink water*
*needs to pee*
ROTFLMAO! That hit me just right!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.