Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 11:35 AM   #161
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Larry, the way I usually do it is to provide info similar to NWN, uninjured, barely hurt, hurt, near death, dead, etc or with more specific injury conditions to account for called shots or crits.
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:01 PM   #162
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
[b] For Kuan and Gillian: Please don't give up!
of course not - i've been a bit busy and haven't been able to work out quickly what to do with the situation Gillian found himself in

i see Morgeruat has just made it easy for us though so off we go . . .
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:05 PM   #163
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ZFR: How should I know? I'm a human and you are the one that can see in the dark...

Actually, the axe has been thrown several feet behind the ettin, grazing his arm and continuing onward past him, and you'd have to go past him to get to it at the moment.

Elif: That's probably why I have been so sick lately. My immune system is shot, and here I was thinking I was just getting old.

Morgie: Thanks. I'll do it like that if everyone agrees.

Armen: Um...I just did not want to ignore your post but I have nothing clever to say at this time. I'll wink at you though...cool?
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:09 PM   #164
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Larry, you should find yourself an air sanitizer, one with UV light in it at least for your bedroom. I just bought one and can already feel the difference.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:09 PM   #165
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1COz_4qV11U

One of my many projects at work.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:50 AM   #166
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Armen:
[b]
quote:
For Kuan and Gillian: Please don't give up!
of course not - i've been a bit busy and haven't been able to work out quickly what to do with the situation Gillian found himself in

i see Morgeruat has just made it easy for us though so off we go . . .
[/QUOTE]I add my apologises. I've been a tad preoccupied recently and missed your post Morgeruat. That'll teach me to skim read. Anyway, I've posted now, so just waiting on you [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:20 AM   #167
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Sever:
Sever positioned himself at the ettin's fore and made his dash. With the intention of running the length of the creature's back and down to the cavern floor, Sever timed a jump between the ettin's heads and aimed his outstretched blades to slash at (what he hoped was) their faces.
I dreamt this up according to how i picture the position of the fallen ettin relative to its size/height and to where Sever landed after being hurled. If i've pictured it wrong, or if it's otherwise impossible, let me know. Sever's not heroic enough to attempt an attack that he knows is impossible.

Ed: and surely not for a dwarf that likely thinks ill of him.

[ 04-15-2007, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Sever ]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:27 PM   #168
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

If you guys will be so generous, I need to wait until tomorrow evening to post for the ettin. The power has been off most of today for the storms in my area during the best time that I had the chance to be here, and now that I am back, its too late for me to play because I have a job interview tomorrow morning, followed by some application placing at at least three other locations. I need to head to bed before midnight.

Sever, I am fine with the move you are intending, but I cannot guarantee success. I'll enjoy making the rolls for that move. I can see you doing it in my imagination, and what the ettin is likely to do for defence/offence but we'll see how it plays out tomorrow.

That's what I like about DMing a scene like this. You guys tell me what you think your characters should do and I close my eyes and try to see them doing it and what the monster does in return. Then I let the rules of the game determine if your moves or the creatures wins the round. Its so much fun.

Have a great day, guys!
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:46 AM   #169
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Sever, I am fine with the move you are intending, but I cannot guarantee success.
I wouldn't ask you to guarantee, Larry. Just needed to know if it was possible. [img]smile.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:04 PM   #170
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

my laptop arrived today, I should be G2G very soon and able to increase my posting here.