Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-25-2004, 12:36 PM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Bah, you should have knocked his teeth out and shove that pen where the sun don't shine. Say... does your store need additional employees ?
Old 11-25-2004, 09:21 PM   #12
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
One bad apple does spoil the bunch. 99% of customers in my expirience are nice, friendly, and patient- like I aspire to be. It's that 1% that ruins it.

I have witnessed worst than today though. One time this guy punched a cashier becasue his credit card was code 10 and needed to be called in. The guy fled with the card and ended up fighting with the cops down the street. He got maced and nightsticked for resisting arrest.
just a question.. what is code 10? [/QUOTE]Code 10 is the universal sign from the automated credit card authorization service that signals a potentially stolen card. It means we have to call for manual voice authorization and usually obtain further proof of identity from the customer. Alot of unusual or large purchases in one day can trigger a code 10 as well as cards reported stolen.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:25 PM   #13
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:
What a great role model for his kid...
Actually his kid seemed embarressed and sorta shrinked away. I can imagine why, considering his dad was going nuts at the video game store, probably the most popular kid-destination store in the whole mall.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:07 PM   #14
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

You handled the situation better than I would have Chewbacca. You did well, let the other guy look like the freak that he is, don't go down to his level, keep the focus in the situation on his Unstable Reactions. Always a good choice [img]smile.gif[/img] ROTFL at your "uh oh, you didn't" line. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-25-2004, 11:11 PM   #15
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Also going over the store's floor limit will trigger somthing simmilar to a code 10..

I've been on both side's of the fence on the whole refunds issue, it's a pain having to fill out all the details..

Worst I had was when I was working at Burger king, some guy threw a burger across the counter and into the frier because "that's not what I F*ing ordered" while I was trying to explain that it was not his order in fact.. Now that was a long day..
Old 11-26-2004, 12:18 AM   #16
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sheees what a job you have Chewbacca
if it was me the guy should get to know my right hand pretty good in the midlle of his face hehe
Old 11-26-2004, 10:53 PM   #17
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yes. You did great Chewbacca

If I were you and I was able to do that, I would be mighty proud of myself What goes around, comes around.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:44 PM   #18
Chewbacca
Zartan

WooHoo!!! Today, one of the busiest days of the year, my manager recieved three compliments from customers concerning my floor service. I'm proud of my work. I love helping people and hooking them up with games and systems. Even though I am a retail veteran, this being my 10th year and holiday season in retail, it still helps to get positive feedback. Especially after some jerk tried to ruin me just two days before. [img]smile.gif[/img]

If someone gives you a great shopping expirience- make their day and tell the boss what a fine job they did. Beleive me, most people in my line of work will appreciate it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2004, 06:02 AM   #19
philip
Galvatron

You handled it great!

Had one of those things as well. I was referee in a hockey game and some of the parents (who are usually more fanatic than any 12 year old) thought they knew the rules and were constantly giving 'feedback' and generally annoying. But it seems that it gave a better result staying polite than just tell them to shut the . up.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:11 AM   #20
Irongrinder

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
If someone gives you a great shopping expirience- make their day and tell the boss what a fine job they did. Beleive me, most people in my line of work will appreciate it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
That's the good thing about working in the going out scene. They show their appreciation by giving more money

I guess it's a bit easier for me, knowing that I can always call bouncers to my aid. I do try to avoid that though.