Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-29-2001, 09:39 PM   #241
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Liliara hesitates to answer the man's questions, having a few of her own. The biggest being how he came to speak the elven language. Before she can ask, her attention is drawn to a newcomer in the corner, he looks somewhat familiar, maybe from the bar where she met up with Shade and Skye. Then she notices the drows who have somehow surrounded them. They look to their dead comrades, then to the three who stand before them. "Don't worry of my abilities!" she says to Link. Liliara poises herself in front of the prisoner and faces the drows in her vicinity. "I see we have some playmates" she says with a smirk. The first of the dark elves to move rushes towards her. She easily dispatches him with a slash from her sword, and then steps to next. With a spin, she takes the next two to an early grave. She can hear the sounds of battle behind her and knows that Link and possibly the man are doing their share to take out more.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 09-29-2001, 10:37 PM   #242
Bullvye
Dungeon Master

Bullvye's resoponse to Liliara is broken, perhaps a scent....or maybe a sound! The new challenege is met by Liliara without hesitation.

Storming past the other two, a Drow warrior charges Bullvye, then hesitates..his eyes meeting with dark human eyes of Bullvye. He screams a battle cry as he brings his sword around in a "whoop" that misses Bullvye's chest by inches. Bullvye's massive arm meets the Drow across the chest with a 'clothesline' that nearly decapitates him,.......rendering the warrior unconcious.
A second attack comes to Bullvye's ground, the fear in the eyes of the apparently young Drow soldier obvious. He thrusts suddenly with his spear towards Bullvye's heart. With an almost gentle precision the massive man darts to the side, and in one movement wraps the chains of his schackles around the Drows neck, and with a sickening deliberate pull,...snaps the evil Elf's neck, dropping him to the ground. Bullvye's eyes stare forward....awaiting the next attack!

[This message has been edited by Bullvye (edited 09-29-2001).]
Old 09-29-2001, 10:54 PM   #243
Encard
Quintesson

As Encard and Plague materialize at the hovercraft, three of the hobgoblins finally get the courage to step up to the opening again, and go through. HOwever, as they come through the portal and onto the hovercraft, Plague looks in their direction, takes a deep breath, and blowws the air out... however, the air is now a sickly green and black in color, and when it touches the hobgoblins, they being to writh in agony as they are hit by some sort of abyssal plague... their flesh begins to rot before the party's eyes, and Encard shudders and finishes them with his sword. Plague then turns back to the party, and asks them whether they would be willing to help him if he helps them with their current task.

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...
:1drgat1:
Old 09-30-2001, 01:12 AM   #244
Neb
Account deleted by Request

(OOC: Rissa is a Lawful Good female elven Fighter/Thief who wields and enchanted scimitar and has an easier time being violent than most elves.

Ben is a Lawful Neutral male elven Fighter, he wields a highly magical battle axe and is very skilled at fighting even though he prefers not to.

Kharanax is a male human Sorcerer, at the moment, he's not really human, but a curse prevents him from using his true form and all of his powers, he's also Lawful Evil, but he sometimes acts a bit nicer than you'd expect a Lawful Evil person to do, he prefers not to use weapons but instead prefers to kill his foes with precise magical attacks, if it is necessary to use weapons however, he can summon his staff, Flamewood, which sometimes incinerates the things which he strikes with it.

Siria is a Neutral Good female human warrior, she's younger and less experienced than the others, she wields a magical long sword.

Dac is a Chaotic Neutral mage, he wields a Vorpal Dagger, he prefers spells which kill his enemies without unneccessary gore(Death Spell, Power Word Kill, and such spells), he also wields quite a few homemade spells, such as Dark Flame, which launches a bolt of black flame at his foes, the bolt both sets them on fire and attempts to flay their soul, another spell he's made himself is Jelly Lightning, it's much like Chain Lightning, except that those who are struck by it have their bones turned to jelly and sometimes their internal organs implode as well.

There, now you know a bit about these new characters, after writing that I'm too tired to write an IC post too, I'll make one later.)

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy

General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department and Jumprope Compound in the IW Peacekeeping Force.

I've also got a pretty long sig.
Old 09-30-2001, 02:05 PM   #245
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Kivan ran down the dark tunnel, he could just see the grimlock ahead of him and hear his companions behind him, he turned a corner and was blinded by the light of day and stopped, bringing his arm up to shield his eyes, his eyes got used to the light of day just in time for him to see the grimlock race over a hill some way ahead.

His companions caught up with him a few seconds later, "Damn," said Dac after Kivan told him the grimlock had escaped, "We should prepare for an attack soon, it's certain to go for reinforcements, me and Kharanax can summon some creatures and rig up some magical traps, the rest of you can spread out a bit and tell us when they are coming."

About twenty minutes later, Siria came racing back to Dac and Kharanax, closely followed by the rest, out of breath she stopped for a few seconds before telling them what she had seen, "At least forty Drow, supported by ten ogres and three vampires, we'd better hurry up and get ready, they'll be here in ten minutes."

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy

General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department and Jumprope Compound in the IW Peacekeeping Force.

Official IW Negotiator(When not siding with the hostage-takers).

ORT member.

I've also got a pretty long sig.
Old 09-30-2001, 02:21 PM   #246
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
OOC: Ok, here is my catch up to add on to Skye's.
Liliara went back to find Skye. She encountered a male prisoner, who was taken by Drows. She's not sure if he is elven yet as he has a HUGE build and is dressed in a loincloth, but he does speak the elven language. (strange)
Link... The drow in the room were already dead and judging by Bullvye's build and dress, I don't think he is an elf. We can compensate easily though!

So what?? He could be an elven-outcast.. and er.. there could be invisible Drows in the room!!

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-30-2001, 06:06 PM   #247
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

Grinning evilly as he let the last essence of dark magic flow out of his fingers the vamperic wizard stood back and admired is handiwork, the adventures at this point only just relishing the effect the spell was having on their surroundings.

Apart from the sudden plunge into darkness there were other, more subtle, changes, the shadows around them darkened, the air became heavy with the stench of death and black fog seemed to cloak the ground making it harder to breath.

As the snarling figures steeped out of the darkness, bearing fangs and sharpened nails the vampires, led by the girl attacked, a few others following her counterpart and staying back to attack with magic.
Old 09-30-2001, 07:21 PM   #248
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Have any of you seen Saving Private Ryan? I'm thinking we should have something happen like in the end of the movie. Where they know they're outnumbered, but they still stand their ground. It will replenish the idea that being GODLY isn't (in fact) that much fun. Perhaps a few of us die, but unlike the movie come back at a later time. I am willing to part with my character for a short time, just as long as I know someone will reincarnate him. Is anyone else willing to part with theirs for a short time?
Old 09-30-2001, 09:47 PM   #249
Encard
Quintesson

OOC: Eh... which group is being attacked? Lord Shield's party, Liliara and her small group, Nanobyte, Skye, someone else, or who? That's the only thing I'm still confused about (that I'm not normally confused about, that is )

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...
:1drgat1:
Old 09-30-2001, 10:02 PM   #250
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Well, I could pull this together. The small band finds the sword, possibly a short battle between Liliara & Co. with LF & Co. (Hmm.. Skye vs. the Robot? Liliara vs. the Mindflayer? Shade vs. LF? It's the best bet, as Shade doesn't really know LF that well). LF nearly kills Shade, realizes what he is doing, abandons his party, and they all go back to LS. There is where my theory takes part.