Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 01-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #1
SkyRanger
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've been looking into the toolset for NWN 2. I've made a generic outdoor area with trees, rock walls, a cave entrance door, and characters. I have also created a basic conversation for one of the characters to have with my main character. All that stuff seems to be working fine. However, I would like to try and steer part of the conversation into a fight, where a particular answer by the main player triggers the NPC to attack. Can't seem to figure that part out. Anyone know?
SkyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:12 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Your guess is as good as mine...I haven't really gotten into the toolset so far. It's pretty confusing IMO. Hopefully if Z ever gets into it he can explain it all to us.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:30 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, I'm simply sitting back, waiting for some more patches that will allow for more hard coded stuff to open up--for models and textures. And then, I'll dive in, and see if its worth it.

I DO love the terrain lowering/raising like in the Unreal Editor.. but the indoor tiles are kinda bland so far. I can easily make tiles, so I hope its allowed soon to make new tiles.

More options! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:33 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Yeah, I'm simply sitting back, waiting for some more patches that will allow for more hard coded stuff to open up--for models and textures. And then, I'll dive in, and see if its worth it.

I DO love the terrain lowering/raising like in the Unreal Editor.. but the indoor tiles are kinda bland so far. I can easily make tiles, so I hope its allowed soon to make new tiles.

Bland? Have you seen Mount Galadrym yet? [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'd imagine that in this, the two aren't so separate, at least I'd hope not, since base scripting was supposed to carry over. In the ActionTaken part of the dialog response that triggers the NPC to attack, you have to put in a little script that would make them change factions to one that is Hostile to the PC. I can probably put something together in 1 that will carry over.

Put this on the ActionTaken part of the dialog, where you want the NPC to go Hostile:

void main()
{

object oPC = GetPCSpeaker();

object oTarget;
oTarget = OBJECT_SELF;

SetIsTemporaryEnemy(oPC, oTarget);

AssignCommand(oTarget, ActionAttack(oPC));
}

It's tested out in NWN's to work, and while I have not been able to work with the new toolset, this should work.

[ 01-18-2007, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: robertthebard ]
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:37 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
quote:

Bland? Have you seen Mount Galadrym yet? [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]I did, but I had to turn down so many of the video options that it didn't look like much in the end.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:45 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
quote:

Bland? Have you seen Mount Galadrym yet? [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]I did, but I had to turn down so many of the video options that it didn't look like much in the end. [/QUOTE]that sucks ... Mt G and Tholapsyx lair rocked! [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote