Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-28-2001, 12:23 PM   #11
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
May I ask why you do not have a Cleric in your party?[/QB]

This is coming from the man who soloed a sorcerer?

Off Topic a bit

BTW Dundee, how did you get round the various traps out there. There are quite a few that go completely across hallways.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 11-28-2001, 12:26 PM   #12
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
BTW Dundee, how did you get round the various traps out there. There are quite a few that go completely across hallways.

Mirror Image/Stoneskin/Spell Immunity/Spell Trap

Traps smraps, nothing gets through.
Old 11-28-2001, 12:36 PM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Just thought of a third solution, do you have the following items?

Helm of Charm Protection or Shield of Harmony
Ring of Free Action

If you have them, give them to your best tank and lure one Mind Flayer at a time to a group of summons which will distract the Mind Flayer while your best tank hits it for free.
Old 11-28-2001, 12:46 PM   #14
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:

Mirror Image/Stoneskin/Spell Immunity/Spell Trap

Traps smraps, nothing gets through.

Fair enough. I must try soloing some time. When I have finished ToB...
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 11-28-2001, 12:52 PM   #15
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Of course... it was a different story with my solo Cavalier.

"Hit me! Hit ME! WahHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Thank goodness for poison/charm immunity, and the fact that his resistances to most elements are really high.

I think I am more proud of my solo Cavalier than my solo Sorcerer, because it was a lot harder completing SoA + ToB with a solo Cavalier.
Old 11-28-2001, 01:03 PM   #16
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i dont get it. why do people talk about "cheese"? if it works, it works, right?! if i were a wizard, say stuck in a mindflayer dungeon, i know that my spells arent going to do SQUAT!!!! so im going to do whatever WORKS, so i can survive. i say, as long as there are no CHEATS involved, then go ahead and "cheese" away, at least that is my perspective.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 11-28-2001, 01:59 PM   #17
higgins55
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What does the ring of free will do?
I have it but don't no
Were is the helm from?
Old 11-28-2001, 07:08 PM   #18
andrewas
Harper

whne fighting mind flayers - and i have killed a lot of illithids - i usualy tank up one char with a dragonslayer sword (not to use, just to equip when the hulks throw their confusions, and for a slight regen), boots of speed, best armour i have at the time,(illithids ignore,it, umber hulks DONT),blade of psion (which is THE item for illithids, but aint available until the yaga-shura incident, and thats in ToB) and max potions of INT, and BRINE POTIONS, which are the other item for illithids. shame theres only 8 of them. well worth saving for other illithid infestations if you happen to have some spare.

send this guy in alone and by himself. proper use of the potions and dragon sword will keep him alive and sane. proper use of his true weapon will see the psionic devourers dead and not sane.

then you just take any particularly nice treaure, admire the ghastly decorations these buggers always have, and head off to the next challenge.
Old 11-28-2001, 10:46 PM   #19
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by higgins55:
What does the ring of free will do?
I have it but don't no
Were is the helm from?

Read the ring's description since you have it... ...

Helm of Charm Protection can be found in several places, Temple Sewers, Guarded Compound and Harper Stronghold are some that comes to mind.
Old 11-29-2001, 03:49 AM   #20
Whailor

Tactics schamctics bah!

All you need is a good tank (i.e. I use my main char, human berserker), good weapons, Boots of Speed, Oil of Speed, few bottles of Potion of Genius and 'that-other-one', which gives +3 INT/DEX. Slap on boots, quaff potions, kick open the door, scream "Surrender fools!" and let the whooping begin! Add Enrage as a spice on top too.

Works every time! If INT is getting lower, quaff another Potion of Genius and 'that-other-one'. That way I could keep my INT all the time at the base level - they take it down, potions get it up, soon the 'drain' icon goes away and I have INT even higher and so on. My lovely "you know what" katana stuns them as well and they die like roaches. You can rotate the targets, i.e. as soon as one is stunned, switch to another to stun and so on, then back to first. Look at the fireworks and foe shaped chunky bits. Works every time to me heheh