Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-19-2001, 06:23 PM   #1
Darkon Blackblood
The Magister

how many sets are there and where are they
Old 08-19-2001, 06:46 PM   #2
Desuma_Malevois

I'm aware of two pair. One is on a bounty hunter in the Planar prison (do the Haer'Dalis quest that starts in the baement of the Five Flagons in the Bridge District). The other is available from the vending machine in the Spellhold Asylum (IIRC you have to pay 15 coins for them, but I might be wrong).

Old 08-19-2001, 06:58 PM   #3
Jake
Banned User

Docks District Loot from Renal Bloodscalp, if your on bodhi's side.
ToB, Beginning Forest Loot from Illasera.

------------------
Old 08-19-2001, 08:58 PM   #4
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

there are three pairs I'm aware of in SoA and a further three in ToB.
1. loot from an enemy at the beginning of the Planar prison
2. from the 'token machine' in Spellhold, you get them for putting 15 tokens into the machine
3. loot from Bloodscalp
4. loot from Illasera
5., 6. merchants in ToB (I think one pair is sold by the innkeeper in Saradush, the last pair I'm not certain of)
Old 08-19-2001, 10:48 PM   #5
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

The no.6 pair is sold by the wizard in Saradush (the scroll shop merchant).
Old 08-19-2001, 11:10 PM   #6
Starkiller
The Magister

SPOILER

How do you loot from Bloodscalp? I did his quest, then went and agreed to help Bohdi, and when her quest came to assault the second floor he was not there, just some generic shadow thieves. He is gone along with his boots. I guess he ran away (quite fast with his boots as well apparently)

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-20-2001, 12:43 AM   #7
HooC
The Magister

I just can imagine how useful 6 pairs of Boots of Speed would be.
I currently have only 1 pair, and I've forgotten where I got those.
Old 08-20-2001, 12:59 AM   #8
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by HooC:
I just can imagine how useful 6 pairs of Boots of Speed would be.
I currently have only 1 pair, and I've forgotten where I got those.
Quite a few boots of speed out there but one must remember that the other special boots out there are also very VERY useful too so that does balance out the desire for speed against the desire of greater power. Mind you, the speed won't correct how dumb AI is about finding corect path from point A to B (and sometime passing by c,d,e,f,g,h,i...etc).
Old 08-20-2001, 02:02 AM   #9
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I'm very near the end of the game (in the midst of Chapter 7), and out of all the boots I've collected, I find speed is the most useful. Sure there are others but they either bump up ONE resistance (eg boots of the north -50% cold resistance but there are practically no monsters that does a cold attack) or have special abilities that can be used only ONCE per day. The speed boots otoh haste the user permanently (at least until the boots are taken off...)

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 08-20-2001, 02:33 PM   #10
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:
I'm very near the end of the game (in the midst of Chapter 7), and out of all the boots I've collected, I find speed is the most useful. Sure there are others but they either bump up ONE resistance (eg boots of the north -50% cold resistance but there are practically no monsters that does a cold attack) or have special abilities that can be used only ONCE per day. The speed boots otoh haste the user permanently (at least until the boots are taken off...)

Boots of Feline +5 against Throw weapons
Boots of Ether brings a form in which you are imune to any weapons for 30 seconds.
Boots of Furtivity +30% Furtive, +15 Hide

The forementioned reply stands. These are only a few example (and less meant to ridicule people by taking an example like boots of resistance). If, the game was about speed, we might as well all wear them and run all over the place. Each boots have their own + when you consider them. This is my second time around in the game and I still see their uses.

And yes, there is no deny that boots of Speed are very powerful, that is a clear statement. But again, when you learn to use what item you find, you learn aspects of the games that are different. The challenge is to take the hard path, not the easy path for me.

[This message has been edited by Wildhorse (edited 08-20-2001).]