Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-03-2001, 03:59 PM   #21
"Hell Lich" Wah

Ahhh.............This takes me back . I felt like a newbie no more when I did a really massive and funny post called powerful magic. All of us made loads of comments and we even gave that flamer a kick in the front teeth together!
Also don't forget Melusine always arguing with me, and our stories that was a real blast!

BTW where is Melusine? Looks like she was eaten by Pit Fiends (LOL)

Old 02-03-2001, 04:05 PM   #22
BLACK KNIGHT

When I started to comeback more for the great conversations and off topic posts rather than tips.

When I started feeling like I was missing out on something when I couldn't login.

When I got a post directed at me.

When I had my first Flame and people backed me up.

When I mentioned that I had a bad day and the post went off topic and I had 5 different people ask what was up.

I've only been on the sign as a poster and not a lurker for a month now. I didn't feel so much like a newbie as much as I felt like a new friend.

BK

Old 02-03-2001, 06:17 PM   #23
Sylent

I guess I still feel like a newbie, but anyway...
I just enjoy reading the posts, and laughing, and chatting!
Also, I found some of my earlier "newbie" questions were accepted, and it was good to reply to a newbie question when I knew the answer...

Old 02-03-2001, 06:58 PM   #24
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I no longer felt like a newbie when I mentioned how awkward and apprehensive I felt about being welcome on this board, and got many warmhearted responses! It was like standing outside looking into a house party full of strangers, and having the front door open and welcoming smiles waving me in!

Moiraine - I'm so glad to know that Yorick's thread about your car crash made you feel welcome. I remember I posted on that one, even though I hadn't spoken to you before and really had no idea what exactly he was talking about!

Memnoch - you are the first person I noticed when I first came aboard. You answered my very first question and I always noticed your cool Djinni! I remember you welcomed me saying "ladies are always welcome here" and put in a little pic of 3 women striding! I thought to myself, hey, he did that for me! BTW, are you reading those books yet? I have another one in continuation to the series, and now am wondering if I should send it to Yorick or you?

SUUL-YINN - Hello! Hey, I missed you! Thought you had gone away for good, I'm glad that wasn't the case. I'll never forget how you spoiled me re Yoshimo! You really helped me out a LOT! You were also the first person I think I went off topic with. How have you and your wife been? You must have come back to this Board because your ears were burning. Just the other day Yorick asked me "Hey, where did your buddy Suul-Yinn go"?
Old 02-03-2001, 11:31 PM   #25
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Stopped feeling newbieish when i returned to my old name, but then posted probably the most unhelpful thing i ever could of done under my real name now i feel more newbieish then ever.
Old 02-04-2001, 12:13 AM   #26
Aragorn II

heh...just thought the title to this was amusing....

"what made you stop feeling a newbie?"

sorry guys...mind is in the gutter...

Old 02-04-2001, 12:18 AM   #27
Armisael

You too, eh?

Old 02-04-2001, 12:30 AM   #28
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Uh, now I'm confused. Memnoch, Yorick, which address should I send to?? I'm getting two different answers here!
Old 02-04-2001, 12:50 AM   #29
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well, to be honest ever since I made this post bout something and it soared to plus 50 posts... I t made me feel that I am an entity in this board that is worth reading... now talking bout books, I think Im gonna finish Hannibal first before swan song... and ladyzekke is the same as me... going off topic!
Old 02-04-2001, 12:52 AM   #30
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

If you send them to Memnoch he'll be able to read them while I'm away.... b'but I may never see them