Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-02-2001, 10:19 PM   #1
thedesipher
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Whenever I gain levels, I only get 1 HP per level. I have heard that if i save my game before i crank up my stats on level gain it will be random but it isnt. why is this???????

------------------
The-Desipher
(Adam Peterson)
www.angelfire.com/wa2/bobwitchproductions
thedesipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 10:54 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It really is random...it just probably takes a while. They REALLY need to work on this in the next release. Each time you go up a level, your HP is rerolled from the beginning. If your current HP is greater than or equal to the roll value, you only get 1 HP increase. Any roll above your current HP is added on.

For example: if I have a 3rd level warrior with 25 HP, and when he goes to 4th level, he rolls a 22, he'll only get 1 HP. If, however, he rolls a 36, he'll get an 11 HP increase (bringing him to 36).

After awhile, rerolling really doesn't pay off in the long run. It can of course help you out when you're just beginning and your characters are fairly weak.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 04:35 AM   #3
carg
The Magister

After a change of class, you will also get only one hitpoint per level until your new class' level is higher than your previous.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 09:13 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Really poor planning no the designers part even though it all works out well in the end. Getting only a 1 HP increase is very frustrating for players.

If you're not using the patch - you can try using the "toughen cheat" - cast toughen on your characters before entering a town - the hit points become permanent.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote