Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-09-2004, 10:02 AM   #11
Lady Sedai
Banned User

OH! As to cradling her on her back to carry her, that should not be a problem.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:18 AM   #12
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Sedai:
quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
How can Kitty be stressed? She has no idea what's in store for her tomorrow [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]
Indeed. Kitty doesn't have a clue. [/QUOTE]If only kitty would have a clue. She'd probably be breaking the world record in "how to escape the evil clutches of my owner quickest"

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 12-09-2004, 10:35 AM   #13
Absynthe

Question Mark

Hey Memnoch, as Lady Sedai said (mostly) don't worry! My experiences with having my kitties neutered and spayed has been right along the same lines as hers... the kids are a little tender and sometimes get curious about what happened, but for the most part it's a safe and well-practiced surgery.
Some vets (like mine) have a 24-hour watch policy with any surgery cases, and will keep the critters in hospital for a day after surgery. If yours offers this, you might want to take advantage of it if it will ease your mind. Complications from spay surgery are relatively few and minor, so you're not likely to see anything go wrong.
One other small consideration, while Mikka is healing, don't let her climb on things or get too far off the floor. Kittens can be clumsy, and a drop on her tummy while she's healing is best avoided.

And post more pictures when you can, she's adorable.

Old 12-09-2004, 10:38 AM   #14
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
How can Kitty be stressed? She has no idea what's in store for her tomorrow [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]
Well when you have been at work kitty has been posting for you and reading the forum. How can you explain all those posts Mem. And yes I am just joking I think.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:47 AM   #15
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

How can you possibly even consider mutilating an animal against it's will? How would you feel if your parents had done that to you when you were a child, merely because it was more convinient?
Old 12-09-2004, 10:58 AM   #16
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Memnoch, that has to be one of the cutest cats I've seen in my life...

I'm sure that the whole thing really won't be much of a problem---vetrinary science has certainly come a long way! Regardless, Meg, it's a law where they live. Beyond that, it keeps the animal from creating other animals, which have the distinct possiblity of being unwanted. Unwanted animals in my area are typically taken out to the middle of nowhere in a truck and left...and that's a horrible thing to do to them, really. I'd much rather not see that happen.

Besides, let's be honest here...while we like the fuzzy little critters, it is not exactly as if you can say that the surgery is against their will. They don't exactly have one, other than not liking pain---which, again, vetrinary science has come a long way.

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 12-09-2004, 11:00 AM   #17
Sigmar
Unicorn

Not because it's more convinient, but because EVERY cat I had that I didn't spay has been run over by a car while "on the prowl".

The cats mate with stray cats, the kittens are born and they live an unnecesarilly difficult life.

Besides it's better than putting stray cats that no one wants to sleep isn't it?

There has to be a reason why vets, people who love helping these animals support desexing animals.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:02 AM   #18
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Dirty meg have you been to countries that do fix there animals. Trust me there is alot more suffering going on if it is not done. So many dogs and cats that have babies and the owners do not want them and let them go into the wild and then they die.

Have you never watched the price is right. Bob Barker has some good points.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:09 AM   #19
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Umm, Meg, keeping pets at home is against their will too. And having animals for food, I'm sure too. [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

And like Ilander said, this prevents more kitties being born. Here, as well as everywhere else, there are cases of cats being clubbed to death, drowned, and murdered/tortured in different ways because people want to get rid of unwanted kittens. Check out some of the places where they take care of homeless cats... Most of them are there because they were unwanted, or because they ran away... And cats tend to run away more when they're not castrated and desexed. Not to mention that this also prevents certain diseases to appear.

Declawing - that's for people's convenience only and should be banned.

But what Memnoch will do will help his kitty. I hope your kitty's surgery goes well Memnoch.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:38 AM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Aww, she'll be fine,Maz! I had Inga done at 5 mos old and she came out just fine!

She will probably have a few stitches which she shouldn't chew on and they can try a collar (Elizabethan thing) or a neat trick my vet showed me. The collar was way to big on my tiny kitty and she got her feet stuck while pawing at it.

So we got some of that new bandage they use in sports (ace bandage that clings to itself) and kept a gauze pad on the incision area by wrapping her round with that bandage... LOL she looked like a little mummy kitten but didn't seem to mind the bandage at all and I changed it daily (the gauze) to let air at it and make sure she didn't get infected.

Hope all goes (or went) well! Mikka's a heartstealer! [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS: getting her into the carrier shouldn't be a problem coming home, as she will be a little out of it from the surgery and meds. Be gentle and don't rough her up and she'll be ok! Inga had dissolving stitches which didn't need a followup vet visit but did get slightly inflamed. Vet said it was ok and we kept an eye on her eatiing and drinking which were normal after a day home.

She will be healthier after the spaying. Unfixed females get more cancers and she will have no stress from regular heats and no unwanted kittens on your doorstep if she got out!

[ 12-09-2004, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]