Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-24-2001, 11:41 PM   #1
chappy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

what's the best way to keep your characters from gettin' brainwhammied by lich's and mind flayers? is there an amulet, a ring or helmet or a really good protection spell?
Old 11-25-2001, 12:05 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

I read somewhere that in twisted rune, there is a greenstone amulet.
This prtects u from mind control, intelligance drain etc.
Also- in the harper hold, there is a helmet of charm protection- this puts a MInd Sheild on whoever wears it.
Also- for liches...
You only realy need to defeat 1...
Spoiler

The one in the backroom of the crooked crane (city gates). In the chest is the lngsword daystar, its eqiped ability sunray destriys undead easily, also the sword itself does alot of damage...
+2,+2 vs Evil Creatures, Double Damage vs, Undead.
Sunray is also a preist spell in the higher levels achievable in SOA... 6 i think, but i tmught be a level 7...
Old 11-25-2001, 01:06 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Chaotic Command, level 5 Priest Spell.
Old 11-25-2001, 06:09 PM   #4
Kingenigma
The Magister

Lilarcor, the equilizer works too.
Old 11-25-2001, 06:22 PM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Just posted an extensive reply about mindflayers in this thread, so check there.
For liches, you can also use the upgraded Mace of Disruption +2, which, if you're in luck, will destroy them in one blow.

Item Spoiler:
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
You can find the Mace in the Pool of Blood in Bodhi's Lair in the Temple District. To upgrade it, go to Cromwell with the Mace and the Illithium Ore you obtain in the Sir Sarles quest.