Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-14-2004, 12:15 PM   #21
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I don't understand how someone can claim a line, did Boner invent the alphabet or something ? Of all lame things i've ever heard, this is by far the lamest.

Tonight thank god it's them instead of you...

There Boner, i used your sorry ass line, now sue me, i dare you.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:08 PM   #22
wellard
Dracolisk

Hey I thought you was a fan Johnny.

Me, I love the music and I think BONO has done great deeds. So he is not perfect? I wish more people would make the same effort he does.

'To many protest singers not enough protest songs'

*wonders what LOA has done to make the world better today*

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 11-14-2004, 04:48 PM   #23
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Hey I thought you was a fan Johnny.

Me, I love the music and I think BONO has done great deeds. So he is not perfect? I wish more people would make the same effort he does.

'To many protest singers not enough protest songs'

*wonders what LOA has done to make the world better today*
I am, i have all their albums, but that doesn't mean i can't trashtalk about Boner.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:52 AM   #24
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Well, I like Bono. He's a handsome dude (like Sting! I like older guys [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] . Or maybe it's their enigmatic one-word names... [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] ) and he does lots of good. I would wager that he would contribute a much larger percentage of his money, not to mention time, to charities than most people about, it's just that he has so much, there's a lot left over! Wasn't he nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize last/this year?

Apparently he wears sunglasses all the time because he has weak eyes. I read that somewhere; he was going to be giving someone away at their wedding, can't remember who it was, someone like Liv Tyler only it wasn't her, it was longer ago than that, but anyway, and he was going to be wearing his sunnies as he did so because of his eyes. This is what you learn from gossip mags, guys

Although Bono isn't as cool as name as The Edge. I would love a name with 'The' in it
Old 11-15-2004, 03:44 AM   #25
Har'oloth
Manshoon

i like music thats not computer generated or with videoclips full of butt naked female persons to make the music look any better
U2 don't needs that, and bono is doing a lot of good with his money and concerts.
other artist may take an example to that and not spend there money on big ass houses on malibu and monaco!!!
Old 11-15-2004, 06:04 AM   #26
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Although Bono isn't as cool as name as The Edge. I would love a name with 'The' in it
Mmmm hmmm. Well, come sit on The Hierophant's lap then baby.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2004, 05:28 PM   #27
Lucern
Quintesson

LOL Hier...er...The Hierophant.

I'm neutral to U2 in almost every way. They're easy enough to ignore, although a couple of years ago my French buddy (who looked a lot like Bono and would hunt down every last one of us in this thread for speaking ill of him...lol) begged me to play bass while he sang Where the Streets Have No Name. I was just beginning then, and that simple song was quite challenging. It was fun though, and my first live performance.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:38 PM   #28
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

U2 is okay -- some of the better pop trash out there. Bono's come a long way since I first saw him parading around in the "Sunday Bloody Sunday" video doing his best Mick Jager impersonation way back in the infancy of MTV. Good, catch pop fluff stuff.

Now, someone compared him to Eminem and rappers. I'll side with Steven Tyler on this one: the vocal/spoken word is a beautiful thing, and rap has reawakened it. Comparing these guys to Bono/pop is like comparing painting to sculpting -- they're just different. Some of the guys are mix-masters, and taking several tracks from pre-recorded songs and overlaying them to make something new and beautiful *is* art.