Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-16-2001, 11:56 PM   #1
redcrane

Hello All,

I have a question for experienced "cheaters". I was wondering how to fiddle with a characters lore ability. I can not claim to have made an exhaustive search for such information, however, I have poked around, and the ubiquitous Shadowkeeper doesn't seem to fill the bill.
While what I am looking for is probably a clerical kit, I am not interested in going through the protracted process of learning how to develope a kit, when I could just monkey with the lore ability and be happy.

Vey-Tarreth Ravenstar

Old 11-17-2001, 12:24 AM   #2
Aurican
Elminster

Actually, based on what I know of editing and modifications, the lore ability cannot be changed. For the engine in BG2, your lore ability depends on your class, level, wisdom and intelligence. For each class you get certain base lore scores. Mages get 3. Thieves get three and Bards get 10 per level. All other classes get 1 point per level. Since this is taken into account every time you level up, you'd have to alter it each level up.. The maker of shadowkeeper found this and decided to take the option out since it was redundant. The only thing I can tell you is if you value lore so much, you should probably just be a bard.