Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-15-2001, 08:01 AM   #1
norompanlasolas

Hello everybody, here are some names for different characters in case somebody is having difficulty naming their Pcs in BG (or any other RPG). My introductory present to this nice forum. Enjoy!

Gnome (any class): "Tomadin Trademark" (for a gnome with a penchant for inventing things).

Halfing (any class): "Frodo... no! not that one. I am just a distant cousin" (for a halfling with identity problems), "Tiradin Getmanythings" (for a halfing who dont know how things end in his pockets).

Dwarf (any class): "Vankar Skullcrusher, son of Degnar Helmbreaker, grandson of Tognar Headsmasher" (everything stays in the family, even more for dwarves), "Konkar of the BloodAxes Clan, of BleedStone Mountain in the Bleeding Lands".

Elf (any class): "Sithrandel Mithrilbow", "Elandir the Errant" (for our pointy ear friends).

Orc (any class): "Gronk the Collector" (guess what he collects), "Azagoth the Canibal".

Barbarian, Berserker: "Aka Crakyerhed" (the killing machine with a temper).

Druid: "Turin Green, Woodsman" (as in Bond, James Bond).

Bard, Thief: "Farlin the Whirlwind", "Jirax the Knife".

Paladin: "Sir Kanbel, Fellow of the Rose Order and Champion of Helm", "Khallima the Just" (for those uptight doers of good).

Mage, Sorcerer: "Stratofortress, bearer of doom and bringer of death" (a killing machine with a robe), "Alstar Summoner of many things, big and small, deadly and not so", "Incanus the Archmage".

Wild Wizard: "Adelphus the Unpredictable", "Fizzle Isgoodok" (for the craziest mages of them all).

Evil alignment: "Iblis The Thrice-Damned", "Gubluth The Rampant", "Lord Androalphus, High Praetor of Excruciations" (for the most evil of evildoers).

Hope that you like them!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2001, 08:08 AM   #2
YeRFDoG
The Magister

Lol norom!
There was a thread in the BG2 forum that I was reading earlier, where Memnoch recommended this place http://spitfire.ausys.se/johan/names/default.htm
A fantasy name generator........
Old 11-16-2001, 06:05 AM   #3
norompanlasolas

I've checked the generator. Good little program but it is too "random" for my taste. I still prefer to invent my own names, its funnier that way also!

A characther without a good name and background is simply not interesting. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: norompanlasolas ]

Old 11-16-2001, 12:49 PM   #4
Redhammer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Those are some pretty good names

The names I use are:

Duncan Redhammer, for my Dwarven Berserker (wields 2 axes) and I play his son Korben Redhammer in sit down D&D.

A mage name which I really like and I took out of a novel I once read called "Elfwood" is Decutonius Consulius III

he is a clumsy apprentice who is still in training he usually aims his fireballs the wrong way and screws up his spells.

I played him once in sit down game, and he quickly acquired the nickname "Dicky"
Old 11-16-2001, 02:11 PM   #5
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

I have a Barbarian with the name "Gutboy Barrelhouse" from the R. J> Lafferty story, "Nine Hundred Grandmothers."
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-16-2001, 04:03 PM   #6
Svenman{GUARD}
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Those are really good names, and theyre funny too. I have a barbarian named "Volksfaghen the great".
Old 11-16-2001, 04:19 PM   #7
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
Bard, Thief: "Farlin the Whirlwind", "Jirax the Knife".

I used Rhazor, the Blade once for a Bard. Name sounds pretty cool, as well as a common item..
Old 11-16-2001, 04:32 PM   #8
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I named my bard Everall Speakeasy
Old 11-16-2001, 04:40 PM   #9
Lucre
Elminster

I always have trouble nameing my people so i just take names from IW!
Old 11-16-2001, 05:45 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

These are the ones I've used a couple of times:
Sanctimonia: female Paladin
Yorin Stonecleaver: Dwarf
Fletcher Arcane: Fighter-> Mage, specializing in Bow
Lance Armstrong: Fighter
Hilda Tunnely: female Halfling Cleric
Brogo Sandheaver: male Halfling Thief
Etallia and Silmay Darkbough: Elven Fighters (sisters)
Arlodan Wulfe and Caedmon Mount: good Cleric names
Sly MacDuff: a Thief I'll Dual to Fighter later (I gave him the Scots-sounding voice)
"Sneaky" Lammas: Chaotic Neutral Elven Mage/Thief with impossibly low Charisma (I hacked it down to 4), and who loves to Pick Pockets
and I remember someone else made an Evil Thief simply named Rats. [img]smile.gif[/img]