Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2002, 10:32 PM   #1
UFOsmurfCHILD
Welcomed New User

I`m in the Temple of Auril, on the second floor and there is this one door that i just can`t seem to open and it's frustrating me... I have opened everything else but that one... the thing etched into the door reads "Embrace the Shadows", anybody have any ideas as to how i can open this door please?
UFOsmurfCHILD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 10:40 PM   #2
Kalak
The Magister

Well, you see there is a trick to it. First you have to go in the room where you killed the shadows. Find the secret door, and open it (there is only one in this room). Then point the lightning machine south, fire it twice. Then take the mirror that you can move which is north of the lightning machine and change it so that it's facing the direction of that door, then experiment with lightning machine till you get it to fire off that mirror and unlock the door.
Old 09-20-2002, 12:18 AM   #3
UFOsmurfCHILD
Welcomed New User

ok i`ve done that and i still can`t get that door open... whats the riddle behind the "Embrace the Shadows" thing? how does the door open?... i`ve tried hiding in shadows with the thief and trying to open the door... i`ve tried to be in the ethereal plane and trying to open the door... nothing... do i have to do something with the dais? is there someone i have to talk to? and what room are you referring to that has all the shadows in it?
UFOsmurfCHILD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 01:29 AM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

The only way to open the secret door is for someone to step on the shadow (and
take some damage). Then you can use the prism to open the inner door.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 03:27 AM   #5
Rawel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
|
|
|
|
|
Actually before you can open that door you will have to get past it. [img]smile.gif[/img] The way to do that is
to use the picture to go to lysan that way you get on the other side of the door where there
is a small room with only another door leading north but before the second door is a
strange shadow. Whenever you try to open the north door the person steps on the shadow
and takes some damage and gets blighted. When you do that once the west door
(the one off to the outside will be openable and then you'll have to use the lightning
machine to open the new north unopened door which has the shadow on it.
Rawel
Rawel is offline   Reply With Quote