Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2001, 01:11 PM   #1
Vampire

I am confident that this has been posted zillions of times before. But I've only been on the forum since April/March and I rarely come to the General Discussions. I want to know everyone better. So tell me, if you don't mind, what you do, what your name is, what you like, how old you are, and pretty much anything else about yourself.

------------------
Old 09-05-2001, 01:20 PM   #2
MagiK

Unix System Administration is my trade.
I do all kinds of un-popular things like Hunting and fishing, sport shooting, collect guns and books and of course I play CRPG's. Age is 40. Education is BS in computer Science, BS in electrical Engineering and am working on a BS in Psychology. I also hike and kayak. Im soft cuddly and a good dad to a boy and a girl...that about sums me up.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-05-2001, 01:26 PM   #3
Vampire

I love Kayaking and Mountain Climbing too. Although I am only 18. I am currently doing a MEng Engineering course at Cambridge. So won't have much time soon. I was born in China and lived their for 8 years before migrating to the UK. Plan on going to America one day.

------------------
Old 09-05-2001, 01:54 PM   #4
Blade
Emerald Dragon

I'm 18 and a Highschool senior with some collage classes. I love to read, play on the computer and and hang out with friends. Btw my real name is Chris and i flip burgers at McDonalds in my spare time to earn some $$$$$

------------------
People are born and people die and yeat life goes on without a care.
Old 09-05-2001, 01:56 PM   #5
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I am 15, go to school (10th grade). I plan on becoming a mathematician or a programmer or something like that, but I don't know yet. My favorite subjects are Math and Latin . I play the piano and the violin, read books (a lot), play computer. I also go on bike tours with my family and go hiking during summer vacation (we did the Tour de Mont-Blanc last year). This year we went canoe- and kayaking in Sweden - fun! Um... I hate sports. I was born in New York City, but my family moved to Germany when I was 3 months old. We moved back to America when I was 5, and to Goettingen when I was 11. I stutter.

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 09-05-2001, 01:58 PM   #6
MagiK

I used to do some mountain climbing when I was younger, mostly in Alaska's Aleutian Islands mostly on the Island of Adak. Got off work one night at 5pm and decided to do a 5000 foot climb...got to the top by 1am gotta love those long long days in the winter Now my body complains too much if I try that kind of thing so Im limited to remembering the mountain climbing

------------------

Old 09-05-2001, 01:59 PM   #7
MagiK

Wow Kaz you have almost as many miles on you as I do...and that takes some work Man...Sweden is one place I never got to that Id have loved to see.

------------------

Old 09-05-2001, 02:04 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, let's see...in a week, I'll be 38 years old...I'm an instructor in Computer Networking/Windows 2000/Novell NetWare and Web Design at a technical institute in Denton. I've been married for four years now, and my wife works as a production/layout/pagination coordinator at our local newspaper. She's not into gaming, but is fine with me being a gamer. I've been playing RPG's since the early 80's (1981, actually, when I was right out of HS), and am currently playing Wizards & Warriors (still!), BG2/SoA, and IWD/HoW. I'm waiting to get my hands on Wizardry 8 and NeverWinter Nights.

Other than gaming and Internet, I like local sports (I attend some of the HS and college games in Denton), travel, reading, and attending social functions.

By the way, Avatar, I noticed you list yourself as being from "Bedford". Is that Bedford, Texas? If so, you're in my neck of the woods!

------------------
Old 09-05-2001, 02:05 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Name: Larry Woodruff
Marital Status: Married
Children: Can't miss the pic.!
Occupation: Currently working in a mail-room, and attending school, studying International Business Administration.
Languages: English, Spanish, (and studying more soon)

------------------

Father of the wickedly cute child known as MaryBeth
Old 09-05-2001, 02:41 PM   #10
Sorcerer Alex

I'm Alex, I'm 17, I live in the Netherlands in Europe, and I'm going into my senior year at school, after which I'll be heading over to Maine in the States to study English Language and Literature. I don't work because I am too lazy