Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 03-20-2001, 03:40 PM   #1
DiffEq
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This 3rd level Druidic spell is incredibly powerful.
I tested it 4 times in the Vale.
I would cast it once and run around (not inflicting any other damage.)
In all cases, every monster eventually perished! (even with >15 monsters on screen)
The spell description is potentially misleading in saying that infected creatures cannot be re-infected. They can be re-infected after the mold wears off (4 rounds.)
The more baddies there are, the better Mold Touch wreaks havoc.
The major drawback is that party members get infected also.
I couldnt think up any situations where i could protect my party from infection. Entangle doesnt do well enough at keeping the monsters away. I suppose I need to somehow make my entire party invisible after my Druid initiates the mold.
I suppose I'll have to reserve Mold Touch for huge battles and just be prepared to use multiple Mummy Teas/Cure Disease.

DiffEq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 03:24 PM   #2
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

try an entangle and web spell in the same spot, i find that works very nicely for "sitting" monsters where i want them
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote