Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 07-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

Default Any good Mods yet.

I got this game when it came out and finished it and loved it, hadn't played a roleplay game as immersive as this since BG2. And something I hadn't felt since BG2, I cared about the characters and the plot. Given it's not really complex or anything and nowhere as great as bg2s plot, it really made me want to continue playing, something that i find lacking in most rpgs today.

Anyway. I was just wondering if you guys knew of any mods for this game that doesn't change the gameplay but tell a good story. All mod sites i find seem to focus on "fixing" the game... which I just take as the mod creator is a lousy gamer who cheats... (not realy but...).
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Any good Mods yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorath Calar View Post
Anyway. I was just wondering if you guys knew of any mods for this game that doesn't change the gameplay but tell a good story. All mod sites i find seem to focus on "fixing" the game... which I just take as the mod creator is a lousy gamer who cheats... (not realy but...).
It has been a long tradition here(IW) that the policy concerning mods is "you pays your money and takes your pick." There are people who like to powergame and like mods that 'assist' this desire. So we refrain from calling them cheaters (BTW, who are they cheating? The game has no multiplayer.) and just say they "took their pick."

As to content mods, those might be pretty hard to do. In other RPG's the dialog comes up in a window and doesn't make heavy use of cutscenes. Content is probably easier to provide in a window when all you need to provide is text. Almost all dialog in this game involves a cutscene, which means content modders would have to get involved in video editing, or make their content work within the current cutscenes. This may also be technically illegal and violate EA's DRM.

The game does need some, ahem, 'fixing'. My particular whine is about the game forcing you to have, or be, a thief. That means I like the Bash mod.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

I dont think there any really good new content mods out. there are a few that repair npcs dialogue though - i got morrigans fix:
http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downlo...le.php?id=1120

other than that, you might try the mod which enables you to keep dog in an extra companion slot - it will make the game slightly easier, but then you get more dialogues between various npcs and dog.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:18 AM   #4
Froberg
The Magister

Yeah.. the dog-addon and the updated skins for all characters are worth it..

Still, after having purchased both DA and Awakening, I am looking forward to The Witcher 2 more.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:08 AM   #5
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

I feel as though Dragon Age, though good, lacked a certain feeling to it that its predecessors like Baldurs Gate had. A driving plot? The "You can do any of these 3, but all of htem have to be done to continue!" The same with Mass Effect 2, to be honest. Recruit these people, but you must recruit all of them!

It makes it tedious. Call me old fashioned, but I LIKE a relatively linear plot.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote