Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-25-2000, 04:42 AM   #1
Joviex

I can't seem to be able to click on the wizard guild or town hall. The other buildings in the town work fine. The gate to the cemetary also does not highlight??

Is there somethign I need to do to unlock them? I would think the answer to that is no. Is this a known bug? I have played for a while now, 6th level with most of the chars. and have yet to use the town hall and/or the mage guild. That is kinda crappy, considering I could use the guild to advance my wizards. Plus having to walk around to pick up my horse to go back to the cemetary is a pain in the a#@#

Anyone know hwo to fix this or seen this before??

Old 10-25-2000, 05:15 AM   #2
HORRORBYTE

its proberly a graphic error switch to hardware mode or switch to software mode, or try
updating your drivers...

Old 10-25-2000, 02:49 PM   #3
Joviex

Thanks for the tip, but those are def not it.

I am using a GeForce 2 GTS with Det3 drivers 6.31. I switched back when I first had the problem to 6.18 and even 5.6 but that wasn't the problem. Plus, why would only those two buildings not be selectable. All the other towns buildings work fine. I thought it was something I had mis-installed, or possibly because I by passed Gerath's dream at hte start, so I reinstalled, waited, listened to everything, and still no go on the building selection.

I was willing to start over to get the guild stuff, but the longer I put it off, *shrug*

Old 10-31-2000, 03:46 AM   #4
Regault

I have the exact same problem. I'm running a Celeron 466 with Win2000, a Diamond Viper 770, SB Live!, and generic everything else.
I have the latest drivers for everything and Win2000 has DirectX 7.0 built in, but this game has given me nothing but crap.
First, when I insert the Cd, the autoplay expands to an upper left area off the screen, and I can't get it to appear.
When I explore and hit setup, it fails to create shortcuts after it installs so I have to spend a half hour looking for the proper exe file.
Now it does all this block out crap.
God this is frustrating. They need better quality control.

Old 10-31-2000, 04:46 AM   #5
Tucks

Its not the bad quality control.... its you shitty vidio card (viper)... read the previous posts, and you find out all the troubleshooting on graphics.

Old 10-31-2000, 05:22 AM   #6
Regault

It has nothing to do with my card. I'm running it in software mode. And I'm not running the viper drivers, I'm running the normal detonator 3 TNT2 drivers.
Anyway, I'm not changing my computer settings around for a crappy game. I just wish I'd checked the game out fully before driving all the way back up to Seattle from Tacoma. I'd have returned it if I'd known it was this bad. Especially since its Actvision, the company that never supports any games.