Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-27-2003, 06:13 AM   #1
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

well thats it got my way through the serpant temple and kicked the hags arse now to head for the castle if i can get passed the tryphids still going strong
sagtattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 09:00 AM   #2
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
We're approximately at the same point in the game. I've only just finished the Serpent's Temple although credit for my finding two of the monkey idols must go to the long intrepid moderators and posters of this forum...
(Hats off to Saz, Wyv and Bungleau, reading of your past adventures has been insightful!) Tracking down that monkey with the idol tookawhile, but I eventually found him hiding near the fourth door in that series requring coins.

How'd you go with the battle with the Naga Sagattman?
I had to reload a few times but eventually persevered with a very basic hack and whack approach, using my two priests often and preparing as well as possible. (bless, bloodlust, haste, heroic might etc)

When you say Trypids, do you mean the Amazonian Mantraps? Although initially when I first encountered them they utterly annhilated my party (it was a shock as I wasn't expecting their onslaught) my second meeting with them was less severe. I've respect for them now and will no longer attempt to take them out face to face...Fire spells however, seem to work a treat. I used burning haze, dragon breath and just kept retreating. I hope there are more lurking around, as they are worth great xp and the tactics in the battles are tense! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm currently on the way back to Ishad Nha to find Castle Shurgeon or the Stout Mines, depending on which I find first. I'm still very low on gold, so I hope I find the mines first!

Cheers,
CerebroDragon
--++UDIC++--
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 09:44 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Let me get this clear; was it Elyssia the priestess you killed or did you manage to take the life of the second, seemingly invulnerable naga that sometimes lurks in the corridor?

In any case congratulations. Keep us posted on your further progress. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2003, 11:46 PM   #4
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by bsftcs:
Let me get this clear; was it Elyssia the priestess you killed or did you manage to take the life of the second, seemingly invulnerable naga that sometimes lurks in the corridor?

In any case congratulations. Keep us posted on your further progress. [img]smile.gif[/img]
yeah i wiped out elyssia but i also took out the second naga aswell it took a bit of time but brute force and ignorance prevailed . i had to reload a few times but it has been worth it ill keep everyone informed as to how i go with the rest of the game my congrats to the people who had the time and patience to create this game thanks alot sagtattman
Old 09-28-2003, 12:00 AM   #5
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

cerebro dragon yeahi had to reload a few times myself but it was a joy to finaly cream both the second naga and ellysia but it was worth it.the tryphids im talking about are those man trap things and you say your running low on cash I DO HAVE A CHEAT THAT MAY HELP YOU OUT IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW but not sure how or if i should put it on as i pretty new to all this so if anybody can please help me out as to how i should do it please let me know
Old 09-28-2003, 01:52 AM   #6
macoati
Manshoon

sagtattman,

If you've got a tip we haven't found yet.... PUT IT UP [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm always suprised about this game since I seem to always find something 'new' every time I play.
Old 09-28-2003, 04:52 AM   #7
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

CerebroDragon
For your enjoyment W&W will supply you with a new & improved Mantrap at a later stage & as they say around here "THEY WILL TRACK YOU DOWN!"

Sagtattman
There are many cheats in this game & some people dont want to know them. If you write;
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
it allows people to look away, without using too much space. Wyvern will correct me if I am wrong.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:37 AM   #8
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Thanks for the offer, but I'll be right Sagtattman.

There's nothing like the honest struggle for mastery in a huge RPG world.

It takes me back to starting Bard's Tale for the first time and the apprehension I felt as a kid wandering around the Sewers, not knowing where I was safe and if I'd survive. [img]graemlins/knightsmile.gif[/img]

I think I'll get back to Castle Shurgeon now, as progress has been smooth and the levels fast and flowing for Bavvok, my newly crowned barbarian!
Atmospherically, it is quite an awesome place too! I'll be sure to turn all lights off and light some candles for this dungeon! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 09-28-2003, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: CerebroDragon ]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 09:14 AM   #9
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Shurugeon Castle is one of my favourite places in the Gael Serran! I'm glad to hear that you are all having fun and that your adventures are progressing nicely. Keep us informed as to your travels and if you've got any worries you know where to ask...

Cheers,

Moiraine Sedai