Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2001, 06:49 AM   #1
Ladril Leafstar
Welcomed New User

I finally worked out a top way to kill Kangaxx, set as many traps as you can, the number can become maximum by saving after each successful setting.

I get that Demilich, but I can't kill him, most I've done is 10 points of damage!

I foolishly passed off the chance to add Keldorn Firecam the Paladin to my party, I have the Carsonmyr (+5) and can't use it. Is there any way of meeting up again with Keldorn again?

I have read many messages about protection from undead, protection from magic - abjuration and using the wizard eye, the trouble is that the eye disappears too early for me to paste the Demilich and then he obliterates my party in seconds. Has anyone got any good ideas? My only weapon I can hit him with is the Staff or Rhyn (+4)

What other weapons can paste him? Where can I get these?

Are there any spells that hurt him?

Cheers,
Ladril Leafstar
Old 09-18-2001, 07:00 AM   #2
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Oww yeahh these god damned rusty skull is trouble. The biggest trouble is, he casts lots of protection spells (which you can't remove) in 2rd round. So in 1st round you have to cause MASSIVE damage and he becomes to demi lich. It's more harder now you can hit him But there's a way..

Ring of Rams cause 5-30 damage. So If you're luck you can cause 50 or 60 damage it may badly injure our old lich. And then cast "protection from undead" to Nali and get near the skull and stand near him, dont let him pass. Kick him with staff of magi. Also Melf Minute meteor hurts him too. Also Aerie can support with sling +5 (cast protection from undead those!) also spell immunity:abjuration for your these characters, you'll hit him 2 or 3 damage every round, take a walk go outside then return your home you'll see a dead lich there!

Hint: If you pickpocket him before he attacks you, you GAIN 2 ring of gaaxs!!

------------------
"Not for your eyes only, also for your beautiful ears.."

Yngwie J. Amadeus Zoltan "Diamond Fighter of Aerie Lovers Sacred Band"
Old 09-18-2001, 10:03 AM   #3
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

if you have ToB installed, you can visit the Watcher's Keep and get Usuno Blade+4, that weapon will also work. Installing ToB will limit the number of traps you can set to 7 in the area. That should be enough to damage the first form enough to cause the transformation. Also, make sure that the Demilich form speaks, otherwise he can't be killed. To find Keldorn - try looking in the Order of Radiant Heart if you already talked to him or in the sewers if you haven't seen him yet.
Old 09-18-2001, 11:16 AM   #4
Ugaya
Manshoon

I found the Improved Mace of Disruption the ultimate Kangaxx killer. He always (3 times now) failed his saving throw. You can find it in Bodhi's Lair (3rd chapter), the Illithium is part of the Sir Sarles quest.
Old 09-18-2001, 11:52 AM   #5
Kitka
Dungeon Master

MOD +2. As in post above. MOD +2
Old 09-18-2001, 01:00 PM   #6
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Don't forget the cool little two handers you can get at the blade shop in waukeens prominade. You'll have to wait until a little later in the game to get them though. I've purposefully been vague here to avoid spoiling.
Old 09-18-2001, 07:22 PM   #7
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I just tried killing Kangaxx last night. The average level of my party members was 12.

For the first form, Jan's 6 traps hit him pretty badly and Keldorn's Ring of Ram put him to "Near Death" state. I quickly got Jan to cast Melf's Minute Meteors (he memorised 4 sets, which was barely enough) while my PC cast Spell Immunity:Abjuration. The second form emerged.

Kangaxx then directed all Imprisonment spells at my PC (who had the Staff of Magi by that time), while Jan pelted the meteors. My PC then cast minute meteors too, since I realised it seemed to do more damage than the staff (COULD ANYONE PLS CONFIRM THIS?). The 2 mages took turns to cast the meteors as they ran out quickly and I was starting to worry that the abjuration spell would run out soon, so I activated the spell trap function of the staff and finally sent Keldorn in (didn't send him in earlier as I was afraid he would be imprisoned and since I was only at Chapter 3 of the story, there are no freedom scrolls available).

It was a pretty tense 15 seconds as I watched my PC and Keldorn hit the dying Kangaxx with the only +5 weapons we had. To my immense relief, Kangaxx finally collapsed. I'm thinking of rewarding Jan and my PC with both rings, though the rings would probably be more usefully employed with melee fighters

I don't know if I will ever bother reloading to see how tough it will be to kill Kangaxx without traps at all, but I'm sure it'll be a challenge...

Old 09-18-2001, 07:52 PM   #8
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm... simplest way to do it, I think, is to lure him off to the left of the screen, where he can't see you're party, while he is in lich form, kill him with traps, tring of the ram, other stuff, then when he becomes a demilich immediately use a scroll of Protection from Undead on any party members that can see him, and just beat him to death. Protection from undead is very powerful, since no undead can see you... including demiliches. He'll die fairly quickly. Or, if you are already in chapter 6, then lure him off as I suggested and then turn your main char intot the slayer (can't be imprisoned) and beat him to death that way. *shrug*

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...
:1drgat1:
Old 09-19-2001, 04:44 AM   #9
Ladril Leafstar
Welcomed New User

I managed to kill him eventually, protection from undead is indeed a great help in this task, the trouble is that he imprisoned half my party, is there a way to get characters back or are they gone for good?
Old 09-19-2001, 10:33 AM   #10
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

You will need a scroll of freedom. They are quite rare, so if you find some, make sure and stock up. There were a few for sale in the underdark if I remember correctly.