Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-13-2001, 01:04 AM   #1
JimJ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have completely finishe BG2 and want to play it again with the bonus Disk. I have the collector's edition, but every time I try to load it, it tells me that I need to intall BG2 first. Well of course, I already have it. So I played the whole game without some of the cool items that I read about in the threads. I don't understand why it won't load. I assume that the auto setup feature is telling it to look at a different directory than BG2 is in, but I don't know where it is trying to look. Also, I used the default intall directory C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII-SoA. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-13-2001, 05:09 AM   #2
Legolas the Elven Archer

Easy as pie. Download the bonus merchants from the internet and put them in your override folder after unzipping them.

BTW, I played through the game without the extra's the first time too, and I think I liked it better that way. At that time, Beholders were a real challenge. Now it's just: buy sield, walk to beholder, beholder kills itself.
The other items are also unbalancing the game in my opinion (for example, there's a helm that allows you to cast simulacrum. A double of a tank which can fight just as well and for whose life you needn't fear is a bit too good...).
So, you should be lucky you got a chance to play the game whithout them

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings