Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-02-2001, 05:37 AM   #41
Drake
Baaz Draconian

I want to continue this thread with the vote for best name.
Donut (Son of Donut), you have won my respect with the coolest name on the forum.
Old 02-02-2001, 06:40 AM   #42
Moiraine
Anubis

I don't feel much for this thread, a lot of people here could feel hurt. As for the Olympics, I always feel sad for the 2nd best (because in the long run we tend to remember only the gold medal), and especially for the guy who ends up 4th. Often for so tiny a difference !

I guess I know some people here better than others, so I will hazard a few votes, but then, the two times when I have felt bad, last Friday and back when I had my car accident, I have been so amazed at the number of people who liked me that I was not aware of, so please keep in mind that if a name pops in my mind first, it probably means only that I have met him/her longer than others.

The most helpful person - would have been Armisael (BG II topics) and LadyWendyZekke (personal topics) for me
The wittiest and funniest person - an ex-aequo with Yorick, Charlie and Armie again
The most spirited and cultured and insighful - the same trio as above
The best signature - would be Worm ("Yes, I crawl, so what ?"), alas seems that he left
The best Topic - all the topics that have made us know each others better
The sweetest newcomer - fighter-thief

The worst Topic - Zertyr's "New board for Polls", did anyone expect another from me ?

And you won't get anything from me about "the best date" or "the most charming" !!!
Old 02-02-2001, 07:43 AM   #43
Armisael

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Old 02-02-2001, 07:50 AM   #44
Moiraine
Anubis

Armie, you are a cutie.
Old 02-02-2001, 07:59 AM   #45
Moiraine
Anubis

Oh, and Drake, your initial pseudo 'Bocaj' had made me laugh a great deal, but as a private French joke : my husband name is Luc, and if you read it backward ... you get the French word for "ass" ...
Old 02-02-2001, 08:15 AM   #46
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well, this threads tend to be a tedious clash but well obviously there are some names that everyone keep naming so I wont do that too! You guys know that you´re appreciated already

I would go for a wuzzy naming, and thank all of you, for good questions, ideas and of course good answers. Together with the multitude of people lies this boards secrets. All topics have had a reason (well most) and the off-topic-polls have been very amusing and fun to read.

Thanx you all, you added a couple of valued hour extra to Baldurs gate 2.
Old 02-02-2001, 09:20 AM   #47
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I'm still so new here that I shall have to refrain from naming names and would not want to risk leaving anyone out if I did!

But I have to say thank you to ladyzekke-that makes me feel quite welcome here!
And to BK: Don't know how I earned that lovely comment, but thank you for saying it.
I really hope your Valentine's Day goes well!

And Lord of Alcohol: Whoa! I'm gonna be laughing all day and there is no way I'll be able to explain to the office why!
Old 02-02-2001, 11:57 AM   #48
Charlie
Lord Ao

These things are a little personalized and subjective for my tastes, you can't name one without another...and another...and another coming to mind. A quick go anyway.

The most helpful person,...Too many to mention them all. Turbovee, Accord, Memnoch, Armisael and about 50 others spring to mind.
The funnist person,...again, bloody hard. Lord of Alcohol, Absynthe, Armisael, Ladyzekke and others have had me absolutely creasing up.
The best Topic,... probably the (English?) chocolate bar.....and any one of hundreds on this board.
People requiring special mention for whatever reason and in no particular order...Ladyzekke, Moiraine, Yorick, Talieson, Turbovee, Absynthe, Lord of Alcohol, Accord, Armisael, Memnoch, G.W, B.K, "Hell lich" Wah, WOLFGIR, Malla Gabriel, Ertai Wizard Adept, Jon the Hell Caster, Ziroc, Guppy the goldfish and my agent. If yer name ain't down it don't mean you ain't coming in. These spring immediately to mind and deepest apologies if you feel left out...I loves you all.

Thanks for my votes, pleased I made some of you smile. Moiraine...cultured...insightful..wow thanks. Did you give the old Pernod bottle a good hiding last night by any chance...

You're all beautiful people, I luvs ya loads.....nuff said.
Old 02-02-2001, 04:12 PM   #49
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Taliesin! Please dont fall through the floor! I hate doing remodelling!!! The sheer cost to you in beer would be staggering! And I guess I'd be staggering also. Ha!

Also- I also like the name Donut (son of Donut), I laughed like hell at that one
Old 02-02-2001, 04:52 PM   #50
Ertai, Wizard Adept

I think there are more awards to give...

Special Award for... RIKARD
Special Award for... KHAEL
Special Award for... RIKARD T´ARANAXZ