Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

This is not a poll, really, just a thought that occured to me while reading about some of the classes being discussed.
For me, I'll be plugging along in a module, and think, man, I need a really sneaky archer type. Or perhaps a dual wielding char with a specific weapon that I might find while crawling through a dungeon. In my home server, I have a tendency to name them what I'm trying to accomplish, for example, Kukri Master, care to guess what he specializes in? I did a fighter/wm type with the quarter staff that I named Crack Yerskull. In that server, I've had 150 chars deleted, and currently have around 60 working at various stages, when I get another idea for a char, I find some basic gear for it, along the lines of my idea, and then make the char, just to see how it works out. I've come up with some really good builds that way, and also some total flops. Anyway, what inspires you to create specific chars? In my Bioware profile, I mention that I tend to build chars for the realms I'm playing. On a role play server I used to frequent, I made a fighter that was destined for mastery in a great sword, but he could never find one, nor could he afford the good ones he found in shops, where other players had dumped loot. I role played that angle for a while, but then the server went tits up, and I haven't seen it since.
What draws your attention to a specific class/group of classes, and what inspires specific chars?
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:38 PM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

Well, if a module favour a specific class I pick that one, otherwise I usually go with a good, versatile class like a Cleric or a Paladin. Or some other warrior class.

I love Bards, Monks and Rogues, though, but not all modules are balanced for those type of classes.

Edit: Whenever I play online, which don't happens alot nowadays, I pick whatever class I feel like playing.

[ 03-08-2006, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 03-09-2006, 09:43 AM   #3
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Nature. I like bows so a ranger which changes to druid because I also want the char. to have a spiritual background. It makes sence to me that a ranger turns druid because a druit has some good fighting skills but has become a little more spiritual within nature.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:09 AM   #4
bakrus
The Magister

hmm if i`m playing a game where i have to fight several enemies at one time i would like to play with a powerful offensive mage or a fast fighter which deals instant kills in one hit(well almost)..

but my favourite that can be used whereever i venture, i like to play with a good archer which possesses some arcane abilities/spells, so that he won`t need a companion/travell mate(henchmen).