Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2006, 06:14 AM   #1
bakrus
The Magister

my favourites are the archers!=) and the one i`m playing with now is a LvL 11wizard-10ranger-14arcane archer=)

i think it`s one of the most powerful characters i have ever played with (since i don`t like to play with the easiest characters like fighters, barbarians and paladins), and it just way too fun=)

well .. i just wanted to hear what kind of characters other people around the world playes with and whats your favourites.?? =)

NwN is one of the best Rpg games ever and i think NwN2 will be a great hit too=)
Old 03-06-2006, 06:21 AM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Just curious.. what kind of spells do you let your wizard use to augment your ranger/arcane archer classes? My personal favorite is the Cleric. Ever since I roleplayed a Loremaster of Oghma through the Shadowlords/Dreamcatcher series, I've been extremely fond of this class. They're the perfect mix between warrior and spellcaster. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:08 AM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I tend towards rogues/assassins, bards, and archers. My favorite char was a bard/assassin/arcane archer that started out as an experiment, because I somehow had the impression that AA was restricted by alignment. I have another high ranking favorite that is fighter/rogue/weapon master. He is extremely effective in melee combat.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

Bards, Monks, Rogues and any of the divine spellcasting classes.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:18 AM   #5
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Just curious.. what kind of spells do you let your wizard use to augment your ranger/arcane archer classes? My personal favorite is the Cleric. Ever since I roleplayed a Loremaster of Oghma through the Shadowlords/Dreamcatcher series, I've been extremely fond of this class. They're the perfect mix between warrior and spellcaster. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yes, Clerics, and especially Cleric/Rogues, can do just about anything there is to do in NWN.

[ 03-06-2006, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 03-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #6
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I can't go past the sorc. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:51 AM   #7
bakrus
The Magister

well i usually just use evocation spells with my wizard in battle, and others to power my shield golem=) a loyal guardian that follows me everywhere=)
but it`s still my arcane archer that does all the work=)fast, silent and a deadly strike far from the enemies eyes=) love it=)!!!

hmm i didn`t see that cornbread already had started a topic with the same Question that i have before know..=( sorry..
Old 03-06-2006, 01:01 PM   #8
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I love the Cleric with domains in Heal and Sun. I might just have to try the Cleric/Rougue combination that Stratos mentions. Seems intriging.

Stratos can you tell us how you handled the leveling, i.e., what class you strated with and what did you end up with level wise? Also, how did you equip your character? I assume the rougue class dictated your armor and weapons per se?
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #9
Stratos
Vampire

Well, I've only tried a Cleric/Rogue on some fan-made modules and online, and not into higher levels. Further, I almost never make "builds" per se so I can't really help you with a good level-up scheme.

The character I played was literally a roguish Cleric using light armours and a variety of weapons. Clerics have plenty of spells to raise AC and AB, creating a quite potent character. Trickery domain is a no-brainer here as it has an ability that enhances rogue skills and gives you Invisibility-type spells.

Come to think of it, I might try one through SoU and HotU.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:49 PM   #10
Albromor
Mephistopheles

If you do let us know how it works out at the higher levels of SoU & HotU.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote