Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-29-2004, 11:34 PM   #1
Charis of Ikaria
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Question Mark

Greetings!

I have been playing this game for a week or so, and for the life of me CAN NOT seem to get into that damned crypt so I can get the key thing. I have tried to look for tips and tricks in many places, and have learned that it is somewhere under water, but I can't seem to get this. I have looked every where. Maybe I am just inexpirenced at this, or maybe I am dim, but could someone PLEASE helpe. I can't get any further if I don't, (as I am sure you all know). I am very thankful for any help you are willing to give me.

I also have other questions, but I figure I should start with this one.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:54 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Charis of Ikaria! May your enemies soon taste the frustration of your blade...

Okay, let me turn the tables and ask you a question: Where exactly are you? It sounds like you might have entered into the crypt, fallen down the stairs, and gotten stuck in the area where Rethpian hangs out. If that's the case, you'll notice a key on the other side of one of the grates in the pool. Sadly, it's just out of reach, but if you only had some kind of stick or something, you could probably use the stick on the key to get the key

This, of course, assumes that you've gotten into the crypt in the first place, which is not necessarily easy. The first lever that gives you access is hard to spot, but if you look along the left wall, you will find it.

I also have an off thought that you might be trying to get into the Serpent Temple, which can look like a crypt if you squint enough. Entry there is through the back door, and you'll have to swim under water to get to it.

Now, if you're some place else, illuminate us on your exact location, and we'll see if we can't get you going... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:19 AM   #3
Charis of Ikaria
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you so much for repling to me. [img]smile.gif[/img] ) Basically, I am at the crypt that the guy with the pie sends you to. I have gotten inside using the little statue on the right, but, when I got inside, the stairs are NOT broken. I tried jumping on them, running and jumping down all of them. I am clueless here.

Is that of any help? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Peace,

Charis of Ikaria
{)xxX:::::::::::::::>

PS. Can you tell me why my image is not showing up here?

Xx

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Welcome to the boards, Charis of Ikaria! May your enemies soon taste the frustration of your blade...

Okay, let me turn the tables and ask you a question: Where exactly are you? It sounds like you might have entered into the crypt, fallen down the stairs, and gotten stuck in the area where Rethpian hangs out. If that's the case, you'll notice a key on the other side of one of the grates in the pool. Sadly, it's just out of reach, but if you only had some kind of stick or something, you could probably use the stick on the key to get the key

This, of course, assumes that you've gotten into the crypt in the first place, which is not necessarily easy. The first lever that gives you access is hard to spot, but if you look along the left wall, you will find it.

I also have an off thought that you might be trying to get into the Serpent Temple, which can look like a crypt if you squint enough. Entry there is through the back door, and you'll have to swim under water to get to it.

Now, if you're some place else, illuminate us on your exact location, and we'll see if we can't get you going... [img]smile.gif[/img]
[ 06-30-2004, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: Charis of Ikaria ]
Charis of Ikaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:36 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

You are at Repthian now. What to do?

1. Check the 4 small rooms by the pool. One of them contains a chest. Open the chest and get the "Bauble Stick".

2. Go into the pool and swim to the ground. You will see 2 closed grates. One of them cannot be opened at all, one of them can be opened but not now.

3. Check the grates. Behind one of them, you will see a crystal (bright orange thing). Use the Bauble Stick on the crystal (by targeting the crystal with the Bauble Stick on the "scroll"). The crystal will be moved into your inventory.

4. Leave the place with the pool. On your way back, you will see "perhaps some mechanism" on your left. It's an elevator. Check it and find a "receptacle" on it. Use the crystal on the receptacle. The elevator will go down and allows you to leave the Repthian area.

Notes:

1. The grates: The corresponding lever is on the other side of one of the grates. You will occur there later.
2. The key. It's near the crystal but it is unreachable as well now.
3. The elevator: Once you have placed the crystal into the receptacle, you can use the elevator whenever you want. Click it, it will go down, and allows you to embark. Beware! The elevator fails to reach the floor above more often than it is sane. If it stops between the floors, you can be forced to restart. Therefore, always make a save before you enter the elevator.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:27 AM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board, Charis of Ikaria. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

To me it definitely sounds like you have just managed to get inside the small crypt house. When you get to the small room at the bottom of the stairs look carefully at the wall on the left as Bungleau suggested. Right in the middle of that wall there is a grey lever. It is very hard to spot at first, but once you see it you will be able to find a similar one in all the other dungeons. [img]smile.gif[/img] Flip it and the crypt will start loading.

What I think confuses us a bit is the fact that you have been looking at tips concerning other problems than what you are facing now. Underwater passages might sound like the Serpent Temple access, but it sounds more like you have been reading tips on how to get past a grate INSIDE the crypt, but you are not inside yet, even though you have made it to the bottom of the stairs. The flight of broken stairs is what will lead you to the water part of the crypt, but still only if you are INSIDE. The pie person can refer to both Bilbump and his brother Rethpian inside the crypt. Rethpian is near the water part as well.

I think that is what confuses us a bit.

[ 06-30-2004, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 06-30-2004, 08:57 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yep, it sounds like you're at the first lever. Just so's you know, searching for that lever is the number one reason people come to Ironworks [img]smile.gif[/img] I think that solving the Shurugeon Castle chain puzzle or Skull Castle bridge puzzle is next...

Now, as for your question as to why your picture is not showing up... I didn't see (after quoting your post) anything pointing to a picture (although I saw the cool ASCII art sword).

It sounds like you want to put a picture in your sig. You can definitely do that, and you can include your standard sig stuff as well. Here's what you do:

1. Click on "My Profile" up top.
2. Click on "View My Profile" near the top.
3. Page down until you get to the Signature box.
4. Add your text in there
5. Add a UBB link to your picture in there, such as:
[ img ]http://www.infopop.com/artwork/footer_logotype.gif[ /img ]

Take out the spaces around the square brackets and put the ful URL to your image, and it will work just fine. Be sure to read the rules and regulations about image sizes -- there are limits to how big it can be.

If you run into any problems, let us know... we'd be happy to help you.
-+-+-+
Old 06-30-2004, 10:57 AM   #7
Charis of Ikaria
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I want to thank you both form helping me. [img]smile.gif[/img] I finally saw that lever. DUH! [img]smile.gif[/img] And was able to get the crystal thingy. Now I am at the elevator part. I am going to go and try that next.

I am sorry if I was confusing, I was not really sure where I was. But now I get it. I was not to the broken stairs yet. I was simply trying to get into the crypt its self. Which with your help I was able to do, as I said. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now for my image, I went to my profile and entered a link into the..."Your Picture:
Enter a link to a picture of yourself. This must be a complete URL." place in the profile. It dose not seem to be coming up. It is no larger than the 155 pixels high, but it still won't come up. The image is located on my webspace with a complete address. I will kepp trying. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Thank you again for all your help, you have both been so very helpful!

Peace,

Charis.

Xx

[ 07-01-2004, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Charis of Ikaria ]
Old 06-30-2004, 11:06 AM   #8
Charis of Ikaria
Elite Waterdeep Guard

A quick note... [img]smile.gif[/img] I think I figured out the image thing. I thought that the image coming up over there
<------------ was what I was trying to do. Now I see that it is not. Okay, so am new at this stuff. Please forgive a dork.

Peace,

Charis.

Xx

[ 07-01-2004, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Charis of Ikaria ]
Old 06-30-2004, 11:08 AM   #9
Charis of Ikaria
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I guess I was wrong about the image thing. Not working...

Sigh...

Charis.

Xx

Quote:
Originally posted by Charis of Ikaria:
A quick note... [img]smile.gif[/img] I think I figured out the image thing. I thought that the image coming up over there
<------------ was what I was trying to do. Now I see that it is not. Okay, so am new at this stuff. Please forgive a dork.
[ 07-01-2004, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Charis of Ikaria ]
Old 06-30-2004, 04:33 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Charis,

You're most welcome. We're a friendly bunch around here, as you've noticed [img]smile.gif[/img]

The problem with your sig picture is easy: you've got spaces. Remove the spaces before and after the [ and ], and it will work, just like this:

Nice pic, BTW...

You can quote this post to get the actual code that I used if you need it; then you can just copy and paste, and you'll be set [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+