Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 01-03-2005, 06:27 PM   #11
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Possibly dominate?

Spoilers
~
~
~
~
Presio was veddy, veddy hard. Magic missle does huge damage on insane! I cast pre-buffs and ran in, turning undead. The zombies exploded by the dozens! However, I was unprepared for the random warrior next to Presio (HoW?) and for Presio's apprentice (HoW?). I wound up retreating to the bridge where I could take out the zombies in a line with Turn, and lured the apprentice into melee. Fortunately, the warrior's enchanted bolts were silenced by him stupidly running into the cloudkill . I had to run in, take a magic missle barrage, run out to heal and drink potions, and run back in to exhaust her supply of MMs. I was able to disrupt Beltyn's Burning Blood, and wacked presio into oblivion. Whew!

In your opinion, is the hammer flail (+2, 15% stun) better or worse than Conlan's flail +3?
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 06:21 AM   #12
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Aerich:
Stratos, can you actually charm the verbeeg?? I've never actually tried, since both Charm Person and Charm Person or Mammal say in their description that they don't affect monsters larger than man-sized.

Are those the spells you use to charm them, or am I missing something?
I'm absolutely sure I charmed (or dominated) the verbeeg with some spell, but I can't seem to remember which one it was. It could be either "Charm Person or Mammal"(lv. 2 spell) or "Mental Domination" ( lv. 4 spell).

Verbeeg's doesn't count as a "Person", but do they count as a "Mammal"? Mental Domination seems to be a bit high being a lv 4 spell and all, and I wonder if you have access to it by the time you get to the temple.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:24 AM   #13
Stratos
Vampire

Marty4, the reason you meet these warriors is probably because you play on Insane. It adds more enemies into the game.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:37 AM   #14
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Use summons for spell fodder.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote