Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 03-23-2006, 04:53 PM   #1
Stratos
Vampire

If anyone is looking for a great mod I can wholeheartily recommend AL2: The Crimson Tides of Tethyr. It's technically a sequel to AL1: Siege of Shadowdale, but it's a freestanding one so you don't need to have played the first to enjoy the second. You also get a chance to level-up to lv. 7 at the beginning of the module. *Note* It requires both SoU and HotU.

Brief summary of the background story:
The mod takes place in Tethyr (you know, the nation you visit in Throne of Bhaal) and on the borders between Amn and Tethyr. A large army, made up by goblins, kobolds, orcs and the likes, called the Sythillisian Empire is marching towards Tethyr and Suldanesselar bent on domination. To couner this threat, Tethyr amass an army on it's own made up of both regular troops and mercenaries. To no one's surprise, you play one of those mercenaries in addition to thousands of others including a mysterious elite mercenary company called the Crimson Guard. After signing up for the war and handled some business in the capital of Tethyr, Darromar, you begin the long march to Suldanesselar.

It's a lengthy module, the description says 15-25 hours, but since I've haven't finished the module yet I don't know exactly how long that is. There's also some excellent custom music.

It's relatively bug free. The only one I've encountered is that my game crashed when loading saved games from a certain area, an area along a river where you some kill slavers, so you might want to have at least one saved game prior to that area to use just in case.

Anyway, it's an excellent module, I would say one of the best ones out there. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Edit#1: It got a score of 9.76 at NWVault with 157 votes, so that should say alot.

Edit#2: There's also references to a certain famous character in BG2.

[ 03-23-2006, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]