Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 05:24 AM   #1
Mirror Image
Manshoon

I think the undermountain is getting to me and I am only on level 1. I have two ways down to level two: One way is to blow a hole in a rock slide with a keg of dynamite and the other is using the rods to open a walk way. Going by the walk way I quickly run into a goblin and two drow, a movie and some kind of chain. Haven't tried the bomb method but suspect I end up in the same place.

In either case I am avoiding three (if not four) nasty encounters in level one of the undermountain.

I presently have the half orc and the female bard and my sorcerer from my old save from Neverwinter nights.

First avoided: a nasty blue dragon statue. I can walk around it avoiding the traps but I can't get the door open. I would just leave it but I suspect I'll find a dead tomi behind the door.

Second avoided: I blew away the skeleton bomb maker so I can approach a door in the south side. But I can't open the door and pulling the floor levers seems to do nothing. And what is with the gargole statues

Third: Do I really need a talking sword. The Skeletal kings are not what I want to fight and being a sorcerer all I can do is give it to the half orc.

Fourth (only vaguely): should I find this mirror of opposition. Sounds like a fight I can avoid.

Finally, as noted I am still looking for Tomi and the Female Elf Cleric. If they are on the 2nd level just say that and I'll ferret them out. if they are on the 1st level, I haven't a clue.

Post script: DO NOT GIVE the female bard or deekin the Haunted harp. The first enemy they see they strum it and then I have a TFog zombie marching with the group.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 06:04 AM   #2
Zink Whistlefly

Wow...lots of questions. I'll have a go at the ones I can.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirror Image:
I think the undermountain is getting to me and I am only on level 1. I have two ways down to level two: One way is to blow a hole in a rock slide with a keg of dynamite and the other is using the rods to open a walk way. Going by the walk way I quickly run into a goblin and two drow, a movie and some kind of chain. Haven't tried the bomb method but suspect I end up in the same place.

Correct, they both lead to the second level (and same location AFAIK).

In either case I am avoiding three (if not four) nasty encounters in level one of the undermountain.

Although there are a couple of ways into level 2, you can still face all the enemies in the region, as well as move the blocks AND blow up the barricade to maximise your XP.

I presently have the half orc and the female bard and my sorcerer from my old save from Neverwinter nights.

Just a suggestion - the game assumes that you haven't used the hero of Neverwinter for the main character, but the character which went through SoU instead. It won't break the plot or anything so don't worry about it. Just a nitpick [img]smile.gif[/img] .

First avoided: a nasty blue dragon statue. I can walk around it avoiding the traps but I can't get the door open. I would just leave it but I suspect I'll find a dead tomi behind the door.

Hmm, I'm not sure which statue you're referring to - if you mean the Blue Dragon itself then the only thing to gain from it is treasure and experience.

Second avoided: I blew away the skeleton bomb maker so I can approach a door in the south side. But I can't open the door and pulling the floor levers seems to do nothing. And what is with the gargole statues

I hate these statues! You need to click on the statues themselves (NOT the levers at first) to rotate them all to point towards the door. Once a statue is in place (it will automatically fire a ray of frost at the door), pull its lever to hold it there (if you don't dispose of the bomb maker first, skeleton bomb warriors continously drop from the ceiling, each time one drops the statues reset themselves to point away from the door, unless you have pulled its leaver to lock it in place). Once all 3 are pointed at the door it will open. Be warned however, that once you pull a statue's lever to lock it in place, you will be unable to move it again, so if you pull the lever before the statue is pointing at the door, you will not be able to move that statue again, therefore making entry into that room impossible. Again, the only thing you're missing here is treasure.

Third: Do I really need a talking sword. The Skeletal kings are not what I want to fight and being a sorcerer all I can do is give it to the half orc.

Yes, you do [img]smile.gif[/img] . Although it defaults to a longsword, you can convince it to change into many different forms which may suit you/your henchmen more before you agree to save it from the clutches of the king.

Fourth (only vaguely): should I find this mirror of opposition. Sounds like a fight I can avoid.

In the hall of mirrors, you will only face 1 image of yourself, and it will be an exact replica of you. Considering you are just as powerful as you, and you have a couple of powerful henchmen with you, you should give it a go. There's LOTS of treasure to be had from those mirrors!

Finally, as noted I am still looking for Tomi and the Female Elf Cleric. If they are on the 2nd level just say that and I'll ferret them out. if they are on the 1st level, I haven't a clue.

Yes, you'll find them on level 2 [img]smile.gif[/img]

Post script: DO NOT GIVE the female bard or deekin the Haunted harp. The first enemy they see they strum it and then I have a TFog zombie marching with the group.
EDIT: terrible spelling!

[ 09-06-2005, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: Zink Whistlefly ]
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 12:39 AM   #3
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Thanks for all the notes Whistlefly. Its strange, when I started I saw my character from SOU listed in the premades but it was listed as a level one. Must have been a glitch in the software that prevented the final save in SOU. Anyway the characters are similar though its alittle strange having all but Deekin not know my character from any other PC.

I'll give the mirror a try first, then work my way back to the blue. I would like to keep the Keg for awhile. Never know when you could use a really big bang.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:43 AM   #4
Zink Whistlefly

No problem.

Upon creating a character it'll add the level 1 variant to the list of premade characters. When you finish SoU, it auto-exports your character with the same name, but because a character of that name already exists, it lists it as "charname(1)" and should be the level 13 (or whatever level you finished SoU at) variant of your character.
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:41 PM   #5
Mirror Image
Manshoon

I'll keep that in mind since the SOU character was a red dragon disciple. For now however I'm having too much fun with the older character again. I have dealt with the dragon, my image, the last puzzle and I have a talkative dagger. Now I am on level 2 and have found all the remaining helpers. I guess with this maze you just go with the flow and don't believe half of what you see.