Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 09:24 AM   #1
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

...for when I've a chance to play. I was toying up the idea of an elven bard/weaponmaster with a few levels of RDD. Based on a similar theme of my jedi sential/weapon master from Kotor 2. I wonder how such a build could cope - thoughts/ideas would be appriecated. Given how I don't have the manual on me right now, its a bit difficult to work out such things. What levels does the RDD gain its stat bonuses? As to the weapon, I was considering a rapier or a longsword (to be different from my usual katana). The RDD is for the stat bonuses, the hitdie and for the nice effect of the breath. I considered a sorcerer, but that's more akin to a jedi consular - even though true strike and keen edge are tempting... but I don't really think its worth it. I was thinking that a paladin would be most akin to the guardian class. Although a paladin/weapon master would be fun too. [img]smile.gif[/img] . Before anyone points out that bards can't be lawful (if I recall correctly), I think NG is perhaps closest to alignment that I could get away with. Of course, once I've put enough levels in to get RDD & WM the alignment shouldn't matter...
How many feats are needed for the WM? Weapon focus & spring attack feats?

The other build I was considering was a barbarian/weaponmaster perhaps with a few ranger levels or a barbarian/sorc(1)/RDD just for kicks. Again, thoughts?

Cheers in advance, CD.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:07 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Given how I don't have the manual on me right now, its a bit difficult to work out such things. What levels does the RDD gain its stat bonuses?
+2 STR at level 2, another +2 STR at level 4, then +2 CON at level 6, +2 INT at level 9 and finally +4 STR & +2 CHA at level 10.

Quote:

How many feats are needed for the WM? Weapon focus & spring attack feats?
Weapon Focus, Dodge, Expertise, Mobility, Spring Attack and Whirlwind Attack. So that's six in total.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:31 AM   #3
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Cheers [img]smile.gif[/img] . Hmm, so how many levels in bard and RDD would I need before I could take WM... I don't think I'd want more then 6 levels of RDD, at least, not right away...
feats every three levels, so there's the level 1 feat, 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th and 15th - thats six, so level 15. And is it 8 in lore for RDD? Hmm, would it be better to have a level 9 bard/6 RDD, or another combination of bard/rdd ?
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:48 AM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Weapon Master is designed for killing quickly with critical hits. Thus the two most important WM levels are 5 (extra multiplier) and 7 (extended crit range). Note: you also need 4 ranks of intimidate for WM along with the six feats.

Yes, eight ranks in Lore and either sorcerer or bard are the only requirements for RDD.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:38 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I think it's actually 5 points of intimidate, and for me, I'd take all 10 lvls of RDD before lvl 20, then either start wm, or jack a few more lvls in bard.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 09:09 PM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

No, it's definitely 4 ranks of intimidate for WM. If he's going to do this build, he should probably do WM right after RDD, because the stat boosts are aimed more at melee combat than anything.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote