Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2004, 07:57 PM   #1
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Jerry and I were trying to start a multiplayer game over the internet. For some reason, we couldn't connect to each other's computer. Can someone tell us the problem we had?

1. selected TCP/IP as game type
2. I make a game with a title, player name, and no password.
3. I create a fighter test guy and place him in the first slot
4. Jerry types in my IP address in the Host Address field and selects done (we didn't know what to do with the box under it
5. We get the message unable to connect.

We then tried with me joining him, but that also failed. Are we doing anything glaringly wrong? We both went to a site that gives you your IP address, so maybe that was wrong? Thanks for all your help.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:41 PM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Right. First things first, does Jerry have a firewall up and if so is it set to allow others in, and is BG2 selected as an applicable program? For a quicktest of this try running with firewalls off. Next, are you both running the same game version? i.e. the same patches and mods? I can't remember if this would give you an "unable to connect" error or a "session timed out" error, but it is worth a shot too.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:32 PM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

to get ip go to dos prompt and type

ipconfig /all