Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 04-29-2002, 04:03 AM   #1
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

Ever since I left the Mind Flayer Dungeon in the Underdark, every time I enter/exit anywhere, I burst into flame. No damage is done and I don't scream or anything. I've been through the game before and this never happened. What's up with that? The main charactor is a Cavalier, if that helps any. Thanks.
\"Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to Middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist haunting, dripping vain tears in the thankless sea?\"<br />Feanor at Tirion upon Tuna, Of the Flight of the Noldor, The Silmarillion
Telchar of Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 08:28 PM   #2
DragonSlayer25
Drow Warrior

Is it like a flame shield or like a Fire Elemental. Check ShadowKeeper if you have it. This is REALLY STRANGE!!!!!
It\'s like a whole other world<br />Where you can smell the food<br />But you can\'t touch the silverware.<br /><br />[url]\"http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister\" target=\"_blank\">http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister</a>
DragonSlayer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 09:55 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yeah, I get that too, now!

In order to save more Mind Control Circlets and to get Anomen to shut the F* up about our 20 Rep, I opened the two doors by turning into the Slayer. I think ever since that point, about 50% of the time I enter of leave any map or building I get fire around my feet (the kind Irenicus hits you with when you're trapped in the cage at the start of the game) and 2 little glowing dots that spiral down my body, kind of like I drank a Healing Potion or something. What the???

If I'm gonna have a special effect following me all the time because I'm a Son of Bhaal, I want it to be something cool......dry ice might be good.
Old 04-29-2002, 10:08 PM   #4
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

HMM I did the same thing the first time through. Turning into the slayer to open the doors. I also had that effect after that.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:08 PM   #5
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

That is it! The second door just wouldn't open no matter how long I waited.
\"Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to Middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist haunting, dripping vain tears in the thankless sea?\"<br />Feanor at Tirion upon Tuna, Of the Flight of the Noldor, The Silmarillion
Telchar of Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 03:25 PM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

The reason you burst into flames randomly is because of a rind of fire control, 60% fire resist, flame strike, IIRC burning hands, and possibly charm elemental.
Old 04-30-2002, 04:12 PM   #7
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yup, happened to me too, right after I turned Slayer. Cept I didn't have the spiraling orbs.
I thought it woz pretty cool. Someone comes to hit you as you enter a bar, suddenly their hand has slipped into a furnace. Oh well
Old 04-30-2002, 05:11 PM   #8
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

You know the exact same thing happened to my cavalier never to any other characters though wonder why that is.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote