Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2002, 05:54 PM   #21
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:
well... I had a quiet Christmas with just with my parents... to be quite frank, I hate large parties and all-family get-together...
I opened presents, had ham for dinner, straighten up house, and went to bed... I did oekaki pics at http://www.drowtales.com/oekaki132e/picture.cgi which I go all the time ever since the closedown.
no PC RP games this time.. I'm still breaking in my other ones. just got art supplies, RP FR books, a Electric hand driver/drill, and some small goodies.

had a crappy new year's though... my father had bleeding in the stomach and suffered a mini-stroke.... he's taken to the hospital
he was in ICU for a couple of days and they moved him to the floor yesterday. His one side is numb and he's feeling sorry for himself
they have yet to determine when to release him from the hospital. More duties fall upon mother and me ...
Frankly, I'm glad the hospital's taking care of him.

Will be going back to college on Jan 8th

That's terrible about your dad Adam Warlock I hope that the hospital takes good care of him. I can't imagine how bad he must be feeling being in such a helpless scary situation, and during Christmas of all times, ack!

As for my Christmas, was boring really, not much worth mentioning, just glad that Ironworks is finally back! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-03-2002, 06:01 PM   #22
Lavindathar
Harper

Adam, sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he gets better soon.

I got PS2 also, with Tony Hawks 3 *totally amazin*, GTA3 - best game ever???? - One of them, Pro Evolution Soccer - the only football game to be had, and Devil May Cry (i liked it, my bro doesnt. So we are swappin for either Jak and Daxter or Devil May Cry.

Thats about it. Im addicted to the PS2 as well as the IW now!
Old 01-03-2002, 06:02 PM   #23
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

thanks
what a way to spend New year's
Old 01-03-2002, 06:14 PM   #24
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I had a pretty mellow and very nice Christmas. Visited friends in Vermont. New Year's was an at home night, played a bit of HoW/Luremaster and talked to friends on phone or email/im. Just went back to work yesterday and the heat isn't working very well. We've been shivering and trying to type.. not a good combo!

Been making good progress through HoW and the add on.. hope to make some in BG2 one of these days too!

Cloudy
Old 01-03-2002, 06:51 PM   #25
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I had an amazingly pleasant Christmas... admittedly was worried about it being our first one "A.D." (after divorce [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) My 14 yr old son spent 2 weeks with us, which was very nice. His brothers and I were happy to see him. Sent him back to Minnesota today tho [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Several thoughtful gifts from friends. Krip & I gave each other "EverQuest" and I'm not sure if that's a good thing. I'm now totally addicted and have yet another reason to stay on the computer for countless hours and not get anything done! [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img] It sure is FUN tho!

Great to read about all of you... sure are some varied experiences eh?
Old 01-03-2002, 06:52 PM   #26
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Christmas: I met up with several friends, it was so fun to catch up on each other's lives and "adventures" [img]smile.gif[/img] Also did more writing than I ever did for the past 7 years [img]tongue.gif[/img] , attended a Speed Dating session out of curiousity... but most of the time, I was pining for IW and building up character (the wait definitely raised my tolerance level)

New Year: Here comes the embarassing part... I fell asleep before the countdown, without having made a single serious resolution. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Again, pining for IW...

It is so great to be back! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2002, 07:53 PM   #27
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
This was my Christmas Party at work - it was a harbour cruise. Then this was Christmas day with my family - also a harbour cruise. If you look closely you can see the smoke from the bushfires in the skies over Sydney. Then this was New Years Eve at my apartment watching the fireworks.

I also watched LotR, absolutely awesome!!!

Awesome Pic's Mem! I need to get mine up soon too!!!!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 01-03-2002, 08:25 PM   #28
Legolas
Jack Burton

Let's see...
First, I was showing slight withdrawal sypmtoms
Then I got to see LOTR, where I watched Orlando Bloom put up a rather good version of myself (they asked me to star but my unnatural looks would likely frighten the audience, so I declinced) and had a really good time
Next I planned my trip to New ZealandWhich was when I discovered I didn't have enough funds for that

The days after, my sister lived up to her vow and took the PC hostage, so I ended up watching TV, painting my High-Elves and Skaven, and being bored. But that was only after I read three books of the Sword of Truth series.

We had a party of Norwegian origin, something to do with the sun returning, and then a Norwegian X-mas (which basically means you get a lot of cake, cookies and things inbetween, in addition to the gifts)

After that, I planned to call for an ambulance to see to my addiction problems, but couldn't reach the phone.

Instead, I fought back a horde of vile orc creatures assisted by dozens of goblins.

By the time the dust settled, my sister was forgetting about her vow and I managed to get into the computer room. Only to discover there was still no IW

So I played EQ instead, and haunted the HADB forum.

In between, I stopped to celebrate the arrival of the new year.

Then I was approached by a figure cloaked in black, who offered to teach me the ways of the Ni!. Only to be taught Anti-Ni instead

By then, I could barely focus my mind on what was happening, as only one thought, one chant, blew through my mind: We want Ironworks!

And so, finally, I reach the present. The haze lifts, the shaking has stopped.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 01-03-2002, 08:36 PM   #29
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

just like 4 gimmicks with my friends and like 5 parties with my friends, family and usual... pretty hectic for me... always had to go home around 2am in the morning and this has happened to me the first x-mas ever..
xmas and new year was fine..

Catch me if you can..
Old 01-04-2002, 12:38 AM   #30
Pangur Ban

Christmas:
Spend the morning with my family ( 5 people ) , and the afternoon with my wife's family ( 40 people ) Memo to self: To preserve sanity, never, NEVER, try to play Trivial Pursuit with a bunch of people "drunk" on Christmas Spirit.

New Years Eve:
Didn't go anywhere. Slept thru it. Ahhh, bliss.

Remainder of holiday:
Played lots of Wizardry 8. Played with new "toys". Attempted to make sushi. Results, while "not" aesthetically pleasing, were at least edible. Went and saw Monsters INC. Great film !! [img]graemlins/nicekitty.gif[/img] Went to a really, really bad restuarant. Went to ice skating Christmas gala at local rink, and won a walkman in the raffle ( Yeeehah !! )

Pang.