Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-06-2002, 03:02 PM   #21
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Actually Cliff died in 1984, in Sweden.
Anyway, to me Metalica has not done anything good since they cut their hair, the Black Album was the last good thing they did... Some bands just stopped being any good in the 90's. Iron Maiden is another one.
And the Napster fiasco was the last proof to me that Metalica are nothing more than sellouts.

'84? Damn, I thought it was '87... But after my initial posting of '91 (I still don't know what got into me) I don't trust my own thoughts too much anymore.
You're right about those bands crapping in during the 90's. That decade had some really bad karma for lots of hardrock/metal bands apparently.
Old 01-06-2002, 03:17 PM   #22
Istaron
Banned User

quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
maybe he got addicted to drugs and went to rehab... it's always like that... or choose between drugs or the band... some choose drugs... such idiots

Acctually, James Hetfield is the guy who has been on rehab.
Jason left because he had gotten himself pain in the neck by all the headbanging he did on stage. And he also wanted to make a record with an other band, while Metallica wasn't recording anything own. But James said he had to choose band. you get the picture.

quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Actually Cliff died in 1984, in Sweden.
Anyway, to me Metalica has not done anything good since they cut their hair, the Black Album was the last good thing they did... Some bands just stopped being any good in the 90's. Iron Maiden is another one.
And the Napster fiasco was the last proof to me that Metalica are nothing more than sellouts.

Hell no. He died on the Master of Puppets-tour! And that album was released 1986.
Old 01-06-2002, 03:27 PM   #23
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
Hell no. He died on the Master of Puppets-tour! And that album was released 1986.

Confusion abounds...

Oh well, I prefer Slayer anyways [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img] .
Old 01-06-2002, 04:29 PM   #24
Grojlach
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
I knew he had left, but I think they will replace him quite easily, with a similar standard of base player.

But I did like him, and Mitro, I agree, you wasn't joking when you wrote that, and I don't think it fair to slag off someone's music tastes.

Limp Bizkit (although i'm not their biggest fan) still haven't got their new base player have they?

I heard it might be Buckethead out of GnR.

Ah well.

I thought Buckethead joined Oasis last year? Or is that just a guy with the exact same artist name?
Old 01-06-2002, 05:31 PM   #25
Phantom of might and magic
Dungeon Master

I used to like metallica a lot before
Now, after like, what... 3 years? I stoped liking them, they think they're so tough and shit. I still listen to some of their songs, they are good (music especially). I heard about Jason long time ago, he was crazy thats what i heard. Thats why he quit (or the booted him? ...nah...).
Old 01-06-2002, 05:41 PM   #26
Lavindathar
Harper

No, buckethead is a free agent.

The only change will he will have to go from playing Rock n Roll to supposedly hard metal.

But I suppose he will be their new gimic man, replacing Wes' facepaint gimic with his "bucket on his head".

And its a relaible source, tehre are three supposed contenders. Cant remember the other two. I got it in Kerrang upstairs.