Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2004, 03:35 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Do any of you remember that accident I was in near the beginning of March? It's been a while now, and I'd just like to share something with you all concerning the whole ordeal.

Ok, my car was totaled shortly after I was in the accident. The total cost of damages exceeded over 3/4 the value of the car, so it really wasn't worth saving. Now, with school almost over, I have to find a job, take out a loan, and find a replacement vehicle, all before I start college in August.
What we (my dad and I) have in mind is a 2001 Toyota RAV4 (costs $15K, give or take a few thousand). I guess I'll have to make monthly payments somewhere in the range of $200, and my dad says he'll pay half of each month's payment when I'm in college, but I'll be expected to make the full payments during the summer. I'm ok with that, I've done it before, and it taught me to value the car I had.

Now, let me inform you all on the situation with the girl, who was fortunate enough to wreck both our cars. I say fortunate because she pretty much benefited from the accident. I've heard tell that she's driving to school again, and in what? A 2004 Honda Civic. Seems right, wouldn't you say? Her premiums go up, and she goes on to get a (virtually) new car. I'm sure her parents are doing their best to teach her a thing or two about the value of a dollar..
Old 05-13-2004, 04:11 PM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well 2 years ago I was in a car accident and it was my fault. I will not go into any details about the accident. But it was my fault and yes my insurance went up a little but not alot. But the real cool thing is that the car I had was a 1996 VW jetta that I bought second hand for I think about $18,000 I had this car for about 3 years. And after that accident the car was unable to be fixed. So the insurance company gave me 16,000 for the car I thought this was a great deal.

So I guess what I am saying is maybe she got some great deal like I did hence her driving a nice car and you are not. Either way you are healthy and alive.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:02 PM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I don't think she would've gotten too much for it. I don't remember exactly what the model was, but I believe it was a Geo Metro.

I am glad neither of us suffered any personal injury, but this whole thing has turned out to be a major inconvenience for me. My dad doesn't want me using any of the money I got back for the car, so I've got to pretty much work for most of that $15k. And at $200 a month, I'm looking to be paying throughout, and even after, college.

I just wish it hadn't been me in the right place at the wrong time.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:43 PM   #4
Nightcloak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello friends, this is my first post on these forums, and I eyeballed this one with priority due to similar occurances. I too unfortunatly was in a car accident in my old neighborhood while walking back to a store with my friend. (This means I was hit while not in a car.) The accident occured right around a blind curve, right around the corner from a school. Now, being that there weren't any sidewalks, we had to walk right on the edge of the street, which made me very uncomfortable. A person from my school was in a rush to get to a local job interview, and made the mistake of honking at us, and continueing at full speed over the speed limit. The sudden honks made me jump, and I looked back seeing this person further down the street, with bad judgment I pushed my friend onto the grass and attempted to cross the street to let this person pass, thinking he/she was slowing down. As I walked to the inner of the street, the person was still going at full speed, and hit my left leg, cracking my Tibia and Fibula cleanly in half. I hate fight or flight reactions, and am further afraid of teenage drivers.

Now to come to my point. The person who hit me, I believe wasn't even reprimanded, didn't bother to come to the hospital, and confront me in school. I'm sure this person's insurance went up significantly but a week later I found out this person was driving a brand new car to school. Not to mention this person was involved in numerous accidents before hand.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:12 PM   #5
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

hey Nano, sorry about the car, but glad you are safe, and look on the bright side, at least you can still get a car, and drive it

oh and hi nightcloak, welcome

[ 05-15-2004, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 05-16-2004, 02:44 AM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Wow some people are just lucky on this earth... but then I believe in karma... Sorry to hear both your cases Nano and Nightcloak.

Welcome Nightcloak!!!
Old 05-16-2004, 04:16 PM   #7
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightcloak:
Hello friends, this is my first post on these forums, and I eyeballed this one with priority due to similar occurances. I too unfortunatly was in a car accident in my old neighborhood while walking back to a store with my friend. (This means I was hit while not in a car.) The accident occured right around a blind curve, right around the corner from a school. Now, being that there weren't any sidewalks, we had to walk right on the edge of the street, which made me very uncomfortable. A person from my school was in a rush to get to a local job interview, and made the mistake of honking at us, and continueing at full speed over the speed limit. The sudden honks made me jump, and I looked back seeing this person further down the street, with bad judgment I pushed my friend onto the grass and attempted to cross the street to let this person pass, thinking he/she was slowing down. As I walked to the inner of the street, the person was still going at full speed, and hit my left leg, cracking my Tibia and Fibula cleanly in half. I hate fight or flight reactions, and am further afraid of teenage drivers.

Now to come to my point. The person who hit me, I believe wasn't even reprimanded, didn't bother to come to the hospital, and confront me in school. I'm sure this person's insurance went up significantly but a week later I found out this person was driving a brand new car to school. Not to mention this person was involved in numerous accidents before hand.
Well I Am glad that you are all right but here in canada they say the best way to kill someone is in a car. The laws are just not tuff enough here.

And I am not to sure who is paying for the insurance for this person that hit you. But here in Alberta I would bet that the insurance would be close to $4000 a year
Old 05-16-2004, 08:30 PM   #8
Nightcloak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, considering I don't really know much about insurance rates and other money oriented phenomenon (16 years old), i'm sure it was driven up. As to how she is paying for it you ask. The area I use to live in was composed up of very wealthy individuals, who children are growing up in their snotty, step all over the world image. Daddy's litter girl is being taken care of by daddy... ::rips hair out:: Doesn't matter, I just wanted some type of "I'm sorry, how are you feeling." But, I suppose its just hard for some people to do such things. I'm not really bothered by it now, but recently I just broke my ankle (over stupidity), and I was greeted with a familiar loud cracking sound of moving bone. Thats one image/sound that will never leave me, I cringe even at the thought. Its like hearing a cracking sound being continuously played on CD, running through your head. Just wanted... a sorry... ::sniff::

J/K - Left leg is even stronger then the right now, you have to see the increased bone mass, its sick!