Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 04-11-2008, 10:16 PM   #1
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Default Peacefule Warrior

This movie came out in 06 starring Nick Nolte, Scott Mechlowicz, and Amy Smart. In summary, it's about a college student who has it all including Olympic potential, but then he meets this old man who totally changes his outlook on life.
I just saw it tonight (Apr.11), but I heard that this movie was greatly controversial but, after seeing it, I don't know why. Can any Ironworkers fill me in about the stir this movie caused?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Peacefule Warrior

The book is awesome. The movie though, is badly lacking IMO, and totally misses the message of the book. It's not terrible as a movie, it's just bad because it was named after a great book and really didn't do anything to bring the peaceful warrior philospohy into it. So it doesn't really deserve it's title. It was about a guy who basically overcame a physical problem to be able to compete in the olympics, a common done-before kind of story, that brings nothing new to the screen. I guess the movie could have been called anything really. Controversy? I don't see either the book or movie as that. Spiritual, highly so but not really sparking any outrage in the world.

Sorry if i'm ranting a bit, but that book has a special place in my heart and the film kinda skewered it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Way_of_...aceful_Warrior