Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-28-2001, 08:38 AM   #1
frostgiantsson
Dungeon Master

Help. I have tried 10X and I can't defeat the Adamaite Golem and two Stone Golem (though the Stone guys die easy) in the secret room in the Windspear Hills.

Any tips? Thank you in advance.
Old 05-28-2001, 08:49 AM   #2
The Pragmatist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm a newbie. I can't help.... but me thinks it might be "Adamantine" that you're looking for
Old 05-28-2001, 09:09 AM   #3
Bristowe
Elminster

They can be defeated in many ways, such as using thief traps (little chessy but hey), priest spell blade barrier combined with sanctuary works(if you are high enough level), use the sling of everard (bought from joluv in copper coronet( you need the extra merchents patch, go to www.teambg.com - i think they have it)
And some others i forget help?

------------------

Bristowe, Master Assassin
Old 05-28-2001, 09:21 AM   #4
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Welcome, Frostgiantsson!
You are talking about the golem's in Nalia's place, are you? Do you want to kill the Adamantine golems, or just get the goodies in the room? If you just want the goodies, then see below
Tactical Spoiler below
.If you just want the goods, have your Cleric cast Sanctuary on him/herself (you could give her the boots of speed, if you have 'em, as well or cast haste on her/him. Nicely hidden inside sanctuary, go to the pillars at the far end of the golem room, staying clear of the golems, and just take the goods from the pillars. They are not trapped, so you will be ok. Once you have the items, exit the room. THEN, if you want to, your team can attack the golems. Only the Adamantine will give you any difficulty. Not sure, but I think you need +3 weapons to kill them. Mage spells also help - some of 'em. Area effect spells are not that much use, as adamantine tend to be resistant. Hope this helps

------------------

Old 05-28-2001, 01:34 PM   #5
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

No Fljotsdale, he's talking about the Adamantine golem in the windspear hills. There are NO adamantine golems in Nalia's keep (although there is an Iron Golem). yeah +3 weapons are needed to kill Adamantine golems. The sling of everard as stated above is good, but the best way to kill them is Melf's Minute Meteors which are also +5. Direct Spells are no good cos they are 100% magic resistant, although lower resistance could be used. However, just stick to melf's minute meteors.
Old 05-28-2001, 01:43 PM   #6
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Guess I'm just going senile Vazkez!

------------------

Old 05-28-2001, 02:12 PM   #7
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Guess I'm just going senile Vazkez!

Old 05-28-2001, 02:19 PM   #8
Sigmar
Unicorn

Use a good double handed sword. Liacor would do nicely.

------------------
Tiax will rule all!
Who prodded Tiax?!
Prepare to feel the mighty magical powers
of Tiax... stop laughing!
(The "wise" words of Tiax.)
Old 05-28-2001, 02:20 PM   #9
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Here is what I did:

I placed all of my party members except for my thief(Jan) on the sides of the room just before the golem(Inside the walls, you can get into them), then Jan opened the door and lured the Golems into the room just before the room in which they originally were, he then ran back another room, shutting the door behind him, my mage then lowered the Adamantite Golem's MR and pummeled him with spells, Jan also cast Greater Malison(Which made his Saving Throws worse) on him, after killing the Adamantite Golem my party walked in and slaughtered the others.
Old 05-28-2001, 02:29 PM   #10
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Sometimes I wonder why people bother with intricate tactics for anyone except dragons. And even them you dont have to prepare for if you cheese them which of course takes the fun out of the fight. Against Adamanite golems I just walk minsc up with the flail of ages and take out the big buggers with is elemental damage. Its the easiest quickest most simple way, just make sure you heal minsc as he is fighting

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."