Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 06-08-2007, 12:39 PM   #11
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Actually, the warlock class, imho, sucks. A decent fighter, or sorcerer/wizard build will completely own it. A druid will own just about anything, so that's somewhat out anyway. You only get one eldritch blast a round, and at best, you're doing what, 9d6 damage? Sounds a lot, but really, its not when you consider that a fighter at 20th level can have what, four attacks? Make it a weapon master (or some such) and 9d6 is not that much.

I tried out a couple of new combinations last night - a rogue(3)/sorcerer(6)/arcane trickster(10)/pale master(1) last night and she is just about unstoppable. I was... impressed. Granted she has no level 9 spells as of yet, but once she hits epic levels that shouldn't be an issue. Admittedly, the pale master is just for kicks and I'll probably "bleed" it off for the expansion and replace it with something else - it was more due to the fact that it doesn't impede arcane progress and grants me +2 natural armour... so why not?
My other combination was a monk(4)/fighter(6)/weapon master(7)/NWN9(3). Its a little silly, admittedly and the monk levels aren't really needed, save for the fact this one runs around unarmoured. *shrug* it was fun just to play with.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:17 PM   #12
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm not overly impressed with the warlock class either. It sounds, reads, tougher than it seems to play out. I think Qara would spank A. Jerro with not much problem, at appropriate levels. Might be fun to watch, as well...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:33 PM   #13
Zebodog

When I first got the game, I started with my Warlock, and he's currently stalled at level 16. I finished the game a few times with different characters, but I find the Warlock to be nothing more than a click fest.

Whenever I've had AJ in my party, he's usually the first one to drop during a battle.
*Disclaimer: If this thread, or a link within this thread leads you to follow advice that crashes/explodes/burns down or any way damages your system or causes personal stress or hardship, I am in no way responsible for any problems.*
Zebodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:50 AM   #14
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

My new favourite build is my rogue1/sorcerer6*/shadow thief of amn 1/arcane trickster x. While the bab is appalling, it does allow for eighteen levels of spellcaster, which really isn't bad at all. The 'double speech' is a nice bonus, and it means I only need two levels of 'thief' rather than three. The only other downside is the wasted feat of 'stealthy' - useless req, if you ask me. Still, able learner covers for most things. I suppose that a wizard might be an even better class to use in this build because the int mod will cover the skill points needed. I'll have to try that at some point, but honestly, I prefer sorcerers. More versatile.

*eventually eight.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:48 PM   #15
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I just finished with a Ranger 9/Wizard 1/Arcane Archer 10. It was a nice build, that was very versatile. I took the bow stuff in the ranger class, and then built him for two weapon fighting as well, and he was nasty at range, and when the battle got melee oriented, his little kukri he made were very nice.

I'm running a two weapon ranger now, and I think I'm going to craft up a whole set of gear. Going to go with daggers for her, force of habit from Z's mod, with some bow capability. She should be a great melee character, with decent ranged skills to wear down enemies as they close. No AA though, this one will probably be straight ranger, just because.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote