Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2001, 07:25 PM   #21
Shadowblade
The Magister

You call Autumn 'Fall'

But this is balanced by the Simpsons
Old 06-06-2001, 10:45 PM   #22
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Some advice from someone who has had some experience consulting on supply chain issues – stores/retailers that make ETA commitments about a game that has not gone gold yet are full of bollocks. The designers THEMSELVES don’t know when the game is going to go gold, so how would the stores? They are just quoting a date in their purchasing systems, and they have to tell the masses something. I would say that when the game does go gold, it should ship a couple of days after that. Personally, I would rather wait and get a game that is as free of bugs as possible than go through major frustration playing a game that was rushed through the QA stage.

------------------
Old 06-06-2001, 11:11 PM   #23
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowblade:
You call Autumn 'Fall'

But this is balanced by the Simpsons
yes, all hail the Simpsons, the only good thing to ever be spawned and sent out of the United States of America!
Old 06-06-2001, 11:33 PM   #24
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Larry, I know all that, I was just playing!

oops, sorry...that is what the biggest problem is with the internet discussions...we cannot understand each other's true intentions by seeing little words. Sorry...Plus, I bet I am going to far now, because I have taken us off topic. (I just wanted to apologize Reeka_OHF)

------------------

Larry,
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 06-06-2001).]
Old 06-07-2001, 01:13 AM   #25
joetbd
Manshoon

The Game is probably close. THey are merely pushing the release date back by a few days or a couple of weeks. Neverwinter nights on the other hand... That will never be finish.

There have been games that have been years late. I think "Oni" was about a year and ahalf late, from the first scheduled released date, that Chips & Bits was advertizing.
Old 06-07-2001, 01:45 AM   #26
Cayle
The Magister

I agree with Memnoch about waiting for the QA. Testing and bug squashing is a tedious business and no one can EVER give an accurate estimate as to when it will be done. Are there debuggers for the AI language? Perhaps not, then debugging AI scripts can get real fun (and take forever). The longer you look, the more bugs you find. It is really just a question of when it is "good enough".

Epona, I remember seeing a PBS (Public Broadcasting Corp, similar to BBC) documentary on the history of the English language. There is a costal island in Virginia where the locals speak what is supposed to be a pretty good approximation of what Elizabethan English sounded like. It sounds like a mild southern drawl to my Yankee ears! As far a language change goes, this is natural and not necessarily a bad thing. We ditched Thee and Thou centuries ago and along with it the grammatical complications associated with a formal and informal case. Plus, we don't have to fret over whether Du/Tu or Sie/Vu somebody. Whenever I am speaking to a German and I am not sure about using Sie or Du, I cheat and try to use English for those "you" statements. Cheese? You bet!

BTW- because of the discrepancy in the way that Americans and everyone else writes dates (and times), there is a special ISO method for writing dates: YearMonthDay.

-Cayle
Old 06-07-2001, 01:48 AM   #27
Cayle
The Magister

write dates! Grrrrrr, I need to proofread before posting. Wait! I am not a DM anymore...

-Cayle
Old 06-07-2001, 01:53 AM   #28
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Somehow, I dont understand the enthusiasm everyone holds for TOB. To me it just looks like more and more powergaming. I looked forward to HOW more than TOB.

------------------
Why?
Old 06-07-2001, 02:12 AM   #29
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Whats this your dissing TOB? your lifetime will be a very short one!

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 06-07-2001, 02:17 AM   #30
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

The Great and Mighty Sephiroth does not approve of anyone bashing ToB. their fate can only be one of this...
WATCH THAT FIRST STEP! UWAHAHAHA!!!

[This message has been edited by SSJ4Sephiroth (edited 06-07-2001).]