Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 05-10-2000, 11:34 PM   #1
TheMightyNolem

Okay I am totally bored with my characters voice. I am using the default voice in normal bauldur's and it is getting verry annoying. I don't like the other voices that are available with the game. I have seen a couple of downloads that are new voices for the game but they are also very boring. Is it possible for me to record my own voices and put it in the game I know that it is just a simple wave file and the recorder in windows records wave files can i exchange them with my own? And if I can how do I put them in the game? Anyone that can help with this would be my savior I hate running the game with no sound!!!
Old 05-11-2000, 10:07 AM   #2
Moggl

Nolem: Here's how to do it:

1, Either record your own voice 'n' verbals or pick wave files to be put in the game.
2, you need some program to adjust the sound quality to 22,000 Hz, 16bit mono to be able to use them in the game. (If you have a modern sound board, there should be something like 'wave studio' in the package).
3, Please refer to the BG/TOTSC readme for details on naming the individual files. (NOLEMa.wav, NOLEMb.wav, NOLEMc.wav, etc will create a sounds profile called NOLEM which you can choose from within the game or when creating a character.)

Example: for use with a bard, I took short pieces from a song I like and put them in the sounds directory. Works fine.